Leaky windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2009
Catalina 30 Mark I Stockton, Mo
I started by taking out the old windows...the seals were dry and moldy, and I didn't want anything to do with them. After the windows were removed, I had to do some delamination repair work, which is pretty easy to do. Once that was done, I sanded the coachroof to promote good adhesion, then painted with Interlux Perfection, a very tough 2 part paint. Once the areas around the windows was dry, I installed the new windows per the instructions that came with the windows. I was amazed at how well the adhesive/sealant worked! When I was done, I had what looked like a much newer boat, despite it being 35 years old.

Oct 9, 2010
catalina 30 Kemah, tx
Hey Jeff, Well I had leaky windows until I read about your new windows here last summer. I purchased them and my wife and I installed them in 2 days. We no longer have any leaks and they look great, Thanks Glenn and Ina

Mar 19, 2009
Catalina 30 Apollo Beach Florida
Thats fantastic! I sometimes put stuff on here with limited knowledge compared to some of the "oldtimers" (for lack of a better term, sorry Stu). Its nice to know I can give back! :)
In the last 2 months I have upgraded to the Gerhauer traveler, new electrical panel from Catalina here in St. Pete, Led- steaming, anchor, spreader, bow, stern, all cabin, chart table, strip above ice box and windex light vhf/ fm antenna lights.
Control cables and moved throttle to helm in leiu of ankle, dead light, ran halyards threw mast, swim ladder steps, 10:1 purchase on out haul, ridgid boom vang, in boom single line reefing, TV antenna on spreader, cockpit wash down system, Garmin 546s with Sea View...... Since all these upgrades my wife left me and I was fired and I walked in the house and the dog bit me! Just joking but I find myself consumed and I reasure my wife that I will stop when the money runs out and its getting close. I wish I would have taken up a cheaper hobby and somthing that I could do out of my house rather than spending every wakeing moment at the sail club.
I was working on testing all my new LED on the mast 2 days ago with the mast in a lay down area and a friend wanted to walk down the dock to see Le Reve in the slip. I opened her all up, powered it up, turned on the water pump to allow him to wash his hands and then after showing off we walked back to the mast. It got dark and we rushed putting the tools away over at the mast lay down area. I got home around 8:30 to have dinner waiting, filled my bellie and hunkered down and fell fast asleep in bed. I woke up (2:30 a.m. oh shit moment!) and remembered that I never went back to shut the boat down for fear a hose let go off the water pump and was filling the cabin. I kissed my wife on the cheek and made the 1.5 hour trip (there and back) to shut everything down.
This has nothing at all to do with leaky windows but everything to do with having a boat! Which did have leaky windows at one time and exactly how one thing leads to the next when you own a boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.