Leak in ceiling

Apr 16, 2010
Catalina 310 RCYC, Toronto
Just noticed some dark discolouration in the ceiling, just slightly forward of sink in galley, any ideason the the source? Maybe the cover of the companionway? I am sure this is only happen since removing the winter cover. Any one know if the ceiling material is painted? If so what color?

Thx

Cheers PM

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
There is about two inches between the head liner and the deck in that section. But the headliner there is fiberglass with gelcoat. So I would be surprised that you would be getting leaks through from the deck. Do you have any pics?

Jul 25, 2007
Catalina 310 Middle River, MD
I've had water leaking form the overhead light near the sink for years. It originates when water gets under the slider via the drain tracks. This year I removed the slider cover and found no overt leaks below, but the through screws were not bedded into the lower layer (that is, they were bedded into the top of the cover, but there were unbedded holes when they go into the deck itself). I bedded them and am hoping that will take care of the problem. A couple of pics are attached. Removing the cover was fun....

Attachments