Leak in aft cabin of Beneteau 411

Mar 9, 2013
Beneteau 411 Staten Island
I have a 2001 Beneteau 411. She has a terrible leak in the aft cabin, port side. The water comes out of the AC outlet as well as the cabin light switch. I was hoping someone could offer me direction before I rip everything apart...
Thank you in advance.
Victor

Nov 23, 2009
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Clipper --
OK, it could be anything but an idea (based on own experience) check the nearest stanchion base. Probably the fiberglass below it got damaged (by pushing against it) and it's leaking water.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Is there a solid conduit behind the outlet and switch??

Mar 9, 2013
OK, it could be anything but an idea (based on own experience) check the nearest stanchion base. Probably the fiberglass below it got damaged (by pushing against it) and it's leaking water.
Thank you! I'll take a look...

Mar 9, 2013
I took it out to let the water drain and dry. Also so I could look inside with a mirror.
Thank you for the reply.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
There is a mid-deck scupper located nearby with a drain hose that comes inside the boat, make sure the fittings and hose are in good order. Make sure it drains well and has no blockage.

Mar 9, 2013
I don't see the water coming from there, but I will give it a better look...
Thank you!

Mar 9, 2013
I believe the water is coming from aft of where it comes in the boat. I am now on the hard and getting shrink wrapped next week. I was chocked with a slight bow up attitude which may make it more difficult to ascertain the the origin of the leak

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
My marina always chocks my boat with the bow up, no matter that I always check "level" on their form. I think they think that will help the open transom drain, but in fact, it makes water pool on my teak cockpit seats. Just ask them to change it.

Mar 9, 2013
It's not really a problem because I will shrink wrap the boat. Hopefully if it's not too cold this week I can see if we made any progress with the leak. I believe it coming from aft to forward as I realize this makes no sense...

ikopp

Oct 18, 2020
Beneteau 411 Oceanis rockland, me
I am experiencing the same problem in the starboard aft cabin of our 2001 Beneteau 411. Pooling on the top shelf. We have rebed all portlights and hatches, Genoa track and lifeline stanchions. Seems to be coming from somewhere between the deck and cabin liner And running out the ac outlet. Did you ever find the source of your leak? We’re stumped!

Apr 16, 2016
Beneteau Oceania 321 West Vancouver
We share this kind of problem on our 2000 411 owners model, but the water spills out of the starboard gutter in the headliner where the AC outlet is situated in the salon. Our toerail is not the problem because we had this removed and re-bedded already to solve deck joint leak. Genoa track looks dry behind the headliner, but I don’t know if the portlights can leak into the space between the coach roof and the headliner? I guess we have to re-bed any hatches, portlights and rails in the vicinity that we can’t see behind the headliner? Any advice much appreciated.