LCD replacements for fluorescent bulbs

Jul 5, 2017
Hunter 44DS Cape Coral
Has anyone found a replacement for the FL-8CW bulbs found in the salon fixtures as in my 2004 Hunter 44DS. If not any other LED replacement ideas?

Thanks

Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 36 Seattle, WA
Lunasea makes some great led strip fixtures to replace those fluorescents, in 20” and 14” lengths, of memory serves. Touch switches and dimmable. We replaced our head fluorescent fixture in our H36: vast improvement. In warm and cool versions.

Jun 14, 2007
Hunter 45cc Florida
I installed 2 led strip lights under the lip above the 2 side ports in main cabin. Since the transformer that comes with them is 12 volt I wired them directly to 2 incandescent lamps we do not use. These are really cheap and come with a control panel to change colors and pattern if you want. With the white light it is plenty for the main cabin with out the florescent ones. Nice part is you can not see the strips and very little amps

Sep 30, 2008
Hunter 37.5 37.5 Norfolk
I replaced all my 12v light bulbs with LED lights from Superbrightled.com. I replaced the fluorescents with strips from them too. It was easy peasy and not all that expensive if memory serves.

Feb 6, 2009
Hunter 40 Camano Island
Pulled the old tube and electronics board out. Used eBay to finds strip smd(surace mounted device) 5050 led elements on a common 18 led board strip, in warm white. Put 2 to 3 strips in rAch fixture 3 times the light for 1/10 the power.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
Marine Beam LED lamps. It was one of the first upgrades I made. You need t remove the fixture entirely and wire around the ballast in the lamp. The lighting is much brighter and much less of an energy hog. They might sell them on the site here.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I bought a led tube with the proper ends for my fluorescent fixture. Then removed the ballast from the fluorescent fixture, and Bob’s your uncle, it works. Still going after about five years.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
My off season project as well. I bought one white LED tube and one red LED tube from MarineBeam. Have to bypass the ballast circuitry and wire into the SPDT switch

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
My off season project as well. I bought one white LED tube and one red LED tube from MarineBeam. Have to bypass the ballast circuitry and wire into the SPDT switch
Yeah, I just cut my ballast out of the circuit and put it in the trash.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Yeah, I just cut my ballast out of the circuit and put it in the trash.
Another mini project done! Just cut my fluorescent fixture wires back to the 12VDC pos and neg leads, connected the dual tube connectors to them and pitched the old circuitry. I now have a white LED light in one position and red in the other.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I converted ours to LED in less than 15 minutes/fixture and less than $20 for all 7 fixtures. 16' of LED strip, end connectors, terminal connectors, isopropyl alcohol, clean cloth, drill with 1/8" bit, rivets and rivet gun.