Lazy Bag / Stack Pack

reworb

Apr 22, 2011
Beneteau 311 Ft Myers Beach
The stitching of the lazy bag / stack pack on my boat is coming a part. It all needs re-stitching and new zippers. Neither my wife nor I sew. I am pretty well sold on the system; I put a stack pack in place of a dutchman on my last boat.

Wondering if it's better to have it repaired or get a new one from a Neils Pryde loft. Anyone have any experiences.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Same problem....
My lazy bag has lasted 10 seasons, but has had seams re stitched several times. If I have a new one made, I'm going to request the use of the highest quality thread for UV resistance. Overall, the fabric Pryde provides is fairly good, not the thread though. I contacted Neil Pryde about a new bag, but thought their price was on the high side. Admittedly, I have not shopped around yet

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I went back to the NP Lazybag last year after a few years with another brand. Very happy with the fit and finish. Little more roomy, and the front panel is attached so you can't lose it. At some point repairing canvas (sunbrella) and broken zippers isn't worth the effort and you need new. Any canvas should be stitched with Technora thread. Pay now, or pay for re-stitching later.

Oct 27, 2010
E-22 e-22 Stratford
Thread

Most sailmakers and even canvas folk will now off 'tenara' thread which is a goretex thread...almost impervious to U.V. /chemicals/other...it's not cheap, but considering that it's replacing u.v. treated polyester thread, it's a huge improvement to the inevitable 'restitching'.
So regardless of sailmaker..or new cover or restitched cover, you might ask for this option.
Bob Pattison
NP Sails

The stitching of the lazy bag / stack pack on my boat is coming a part. It all needs re-stitching and new zippers. Neither my wife nor I sew. I am pretty well sold on the system; I put a stack pack in place of a dutchman on my last boat.

Wondering if it's better to have it repaired or get a new one from a Neils Pryde loft. Anyone have any experiences.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Yes, Tenara thread (not Technora). Amazing durability.