Launching boat after only 3 mos since bottom paint. Should I retouch?

Jul 26, 2016
American Sail 18 MDR
My boat was freshly painted with Micron CSC and I had to pull it out after only 3 months due to hurricanes (2). I power-sprayed it at a car wash, to remove scum and slime, then stored it. 5 months later it is time to put it back in the water. The bottom is 100% free o f slime and scum and the paint is perfect. Can I power-spray it again and them paint two coats of CSC over bottom without sanding? Or should I just power wash lightly again and put it in the water?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Never rely on word of mouth if manufacturer's info is available on line.

At Dave Condon's suggestion (below), the previously posted link to Interlux has been removed. I suggest checking the Interlux site for "Micron CSC"

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
If it's clean, why would you pressure wash it again?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Solarfly;

as a retired dealer who used that paint and close friends of mine built your boat plus I know it, let me talk here from experience. Not sure if you are on a lake or at the coast. It was smart of you to remove the boat from the water as it is easy to take the mast down.
As for the paint I believe it is the kind that a boat can come out and the anti fouling for this soft paint will never dry out as some of the harder anti fouling paints only have a shelf life of 60 days in the air before the antifouling properities are no longer good. I used that on the water ballast and smaller boats. You advised free of slime and so on and the paint is perfect. Just launch the boat. Mfg of boat is American Sail in N. Charleston, SC off Pepperdam Ave. They make good little boats and are consumer oriented.

@Dave Groshong
REMOVE THE WEBSITE THAT RALPH JOHNSTONE RERRED TO AS MY ANTI MALWARE PICKED UP MALWARE ATTACHED TO THAT SITE AND ADVISE THE MANUT FACTURER OF THAT.

PLEASE NO ONE CLICK ON THAT SITE DUE TO THE ABOVE WARNING I GOT. I have both anti virus and anti malware on my computer.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2011
Probably just a pop up asking if you were a yard or a guy. I've been there many times and thats the first thing that happens.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
No, it was a warning and was removed by my anti malware which I did it three times just to make sure what I was seeing. Not a yard or anything related to the industry but again without that protection, why take the chance to be infected without malware protection. Did that when my wife surfed looking at furniture and had to erase the entire computer.

Jul 26, 2016
American Sail 18 MDR
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will do my best

Thanks Joe. I visited site and it offers suggestions I will follow.

Aug 1, 2011
Winter #2 for the first application of Micron CSC, pressure washing will remove stuff, but at the cost of removing the coating. Go as lightly as possible and as little as necessary. I went a little hard this fall and I can see barrier coat in a couple of places.

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
Live in Nanaimo now and painted the bottom last year after putting interlux 2000 barrier on . This Micron paint is pricy but it works .
I found that a soft brush before pulling and a light power wash was all required.
As long as things do not stick I'm going to leave it alone.