Registered users don't see ads

Kickup rudder for H23 shoal draft wing keel;WTB

Discussion in 'Smaller Boats' started by Juan Maritime, Dec 14, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Juan Maritime

Juan Maritime

Joined Sep 22, 2017
    3 posts, 0 likes
    Macgregor 26S
    US CaliMaui SF Bay
    I recently acquired an H23 which has one flaw. It is missing the rudder assembly. The gudgeons mounts have been reinforced but from tiller to tip of the the rudder the steering mechanism is gone. I know I can get a new, upgraded, much improved replacement from after market sources for about a grand with shipping. Alternatively I have a fixed rudder from a similar boat which I can modify and make work, albeit without the kick up feature. I would prefer acquiring an original, stock rudder now collecting cobwebs alongside the shop. Anybody out there who upgraded to RudderCraft have a spare, perfectly serviceable original assembly that can be recycled? I will cover your price and costs for crating and shipping if you have what I need. I notice similar kick up rudders on Catalina and Oday. Would a rudder from a Hunter 22 be interchangeable? Any suggestions of where to appeal or inquire are appreciated.

2. rgranger

rgranger

Joined Jan 19, 2010
    4,282 posts, 467 likes
    Hunter 26
    US Smith Mountain Lake
    Uncle Crazy Dave could tell you about compatibility. I wonder if the H26 rudder is the same.

3. Kermit

Kermit

Joined Jul 31, 2010
    3,857 posts, 1,017 likes
    Hunter 260
    US Sumter, SC Lake Murray Sailing Club, SC
    I’d be amazed if it is. The H260 rudder has nothing in common with the H23 rudder. Other than it determines the heading of the boat.

4. Crazy Dave Condon

Crazy Dave Condon

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    5,868 posts, 364 likes
    -na -NA
    US Anywhere USA
    concur with Kermit

Deck fill caps for most Hunter sailboats
In stock, these caps will fit most boats newer than 1990
Hunter prop struts and shafts
Everything you need for your power train
Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.
Hunter gaskets for all!
Gaskets for ports, hatches, latches, speaker pods, refrigerators, freezers, more.