Keeping Photoday alive

Jan 27, 2016
Ranger 29 Bayside, Maine
I just got my login to work on this site, I have had trouble posting for the last couple of years, while I watched it slow down to a trickle. I am making up some for lost time posting.
Thank God for Tom Young.

I had a 3 night solo cruise on Penboscot Bay a couple of weekends ago, Barred islands, Duck Harbor & Coombs Islands (Merchant row). Note Coombs is the one place there you won't be waked in the early AM by Lobsterman, got this from Active Captain and found it to be true.

This is Banshee at Barred Islands in the morning, taken from my Paddle Board.
BansheeatBarredmorning.jpg

This is the night before
BansheeatBarredsunset.jpg

Duck Harbor from Duck Harbor Mountain, with Banshee visible in the harbor, it doesn't show up well due to haze, but you can see over Moore's harbor and across Kimball island all the way to Stonington.
DuckHarborfromMount.JPG

The hiking at Isle au Haut is spectacular, Squeaker Cove waits at the end of the Duck Harbor Mountain trail.
SqeakerCove.jpg
Discovered Isle au Haut has it's own Thunder Hole (sorry the website rotated this)
IaHThunderhole.jpg

view of Bold island (near Coombs)
BoldIslandrocks.jpg

Jan 27, 2016
Ranger 29 Bayside, Maine
I've anchored there quite a few times, never had a problem with holding or too much rolling. If there are other boats you do have to be careful where to let go these days with the owners mooring right in the middle of the preferred spot. There is plenty of room, especially if your keel depth is not too extreme. We have gone to alternate harbors a couple of times when we knew the weather would not be good. This spot is on my short list of favorites.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Pretty sweet sunset on Sunday night. We ended up sitting around the campfire until about 10pm. It was warm and there were no bugs! Not bad for the second week of October in Canada.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Nice shots, you guys! We had this sunset a week or so ago. The boat is still in the water and hopefully we'll see a few more before the season ends.
Sunset vertical (1 of 1).jpg