Just when you thought you'd seen it all.....

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
These were sorta popular back in the 80's. There was a place on Town Lake in Austin were you could rent them. It was fun to see them sailing around on Town Lake on the weekends.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
A couple of people at our lake had them in the 80's. They were fun and with the pair we could match race them. Not much fun in any kind of waves though. Not much freeboard.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
From what little I've read, these boats are also popular with disabled sailers. partially due to the foot operated rudder and secure seating.
I've seen this one girl named Tracy race them a few times. She a quadriplegic. They have to load her in the boat with a small crane. I'm not sure how she does it, but I have seen her be the first boat around the windward mark in a fleet that included able bodied sailors in an Olympic class regatta. I was astonished to see her pull that off. It was an eye opener for me.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
It's hard to believe that those little toy boats can support a chute.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
I could do one in cedar strip like I used to build Canoes. If I had a good set of drawings I'd have some forms cut on a CNC router to lay up the strips then I'd VAC bag S Glass sheathing. Thin strips of white oak, purple heart, or similar species used to laminate the keelson, stem, transom, etc... Perfect boat to use 3mm Dyneema for shrouds. I could easily pull off composite chain plates on a small boat like this. I might be able to get away with less than $3K in materials for the hull, including a teak deck ;-)