Just because life should include a smile...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Lots of the newer cars have Back-Up Sensors that warn the driver before the rear bumper actually comes in contact with something.

Who invented this sensor?
I bet you think it was Ford, maybe GM, how about Chrysler…you’re wrong.
Then how about Mercedes Benz, or possibly the French or Italians? Nope.

It was a Chinese farmer.
His invention was simple and effective. It emits a high-pitch squeal before the vehicle backs into something.
Here's his first prototype...

Click Here

Oct 22, 2014
IT maybe hidden enough from general view here in the "Sails Call Lounge" to avoid getting the boot.

Oct 22, 2014
@dlochner I just got back from a glorious 4 day cruise. 120 NM there and back with a 4 hour glorious beam reach sail across the Juan D’Fuca Strait with the wind building from 10 to 17knots.

In the glorious sun. Pure heaven.

Then a clever little navigational problem solved going against a 2.5-2.9 knot ebb tide while maintaining an average 6 knots for 30 nm.

So the sharing of “back up sensors” came from having a joyful heart. The benefits of cruising.

@LeslieTroyer is still out there poking around the San Juan’s with @Stu Jackson. Probably getting in trouble cause I have to go to work this week... Bummer. But I’ll have my time again. Thanks for the concern. That will be all.. Sail On.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I am in a plane at 30,000 feet and I cannot stop laughing and people are starting to look at me. Hilarious.

Jul 21, 2016
san juan 7.7 wabamun
You know when you really think you know something, then somebody says or shows you something that proves you wrong and all you can say is.....
Awww NUTS!