Just a little thought...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Well I got 2 friends by serving beer on boat, lost one cause he noticed it was GMO heavy malt.

Would you be my 2nd friend? :pray:

Pretty please with Sugar Substitute on top?
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Jim, I'm worried about your family and friend
Yeah me too!
They have been eating too much GMO stuff, but I am going to bake them some fresh Organic Soy Tofu cookies for Xmas presents. Add some fresh green Humus for frosting.
Jim...

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
From an evolutionary standpoint if you eat from a collection of goods ("food"), still live long enough to have children, then the "food" was appropriate. If some group of people are not able to tolerate the changes in "food" then their contributions to the genetic future are limited.

It would't surprise me if there were people that could not survive on the grasses of prehistory, but some did, and bred that grass into agriculture.

Maybe our future generations will hold up RoundUp say some nice words and chug down a couple servings with the deep fried glumptasaur.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Who can you believe?
If you feel that global warming must be stopped (climate change) then the “National Research Council” are the good guys (https://nas-sites.org/americasclima...nge/climate-change-lines-of-evidence-booklet/) . But then you learn that these folk (your climate friends) tell you GMO’s are no risk to you. :yikes: Say it isn’t so...

Then there is the wholesomeness of “Organics”.
It's the same people that say that pot cures cancer. you know... the guys that are making money, and getting high, on pot, curing climate change, and growing/selling organic. :clap:

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
Why are some Roundup eaters so smug? They act proud to eat GMO foods, high-fructose corn syrup, and trans fats. We are the product of thousands of generations of evolution. As long as I have the choice to fuel myself with the foods that my body was made to eat, I will make that choice. The scorn and ridicule from anybody who requires a prescription drug is particularly amusing to me. Everybody I work with who is over 45 years old is fat and requires a daily dosage of something(s). They whine about their aches and pains and illnesses; I ride my bicycle on single-track mountain trails and go on sailing/spearfishing vacations. Sometimes I fall off my bike and scrape my elbow and the guys rib me for participating in such a dangerous sport.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Reminds me of the two guys that go into a restaurant. The first orders a vegan meal, the other a nice, juicy steak, Just as the vegan is taking a bite, the meat lover says, "Hey, vegan... MY food poops on YOUR food!" Just sayin.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
And anyone who wants to stay away from GMOs should stop eating seedless grapes and plucots. Who the heck thought cross breeding plums and apricots was a good idea?
LOL... all humans are GMO. :)
"GMO definition. The abbreviation forgenetically modified organism. A GMOis an organism whose genome has been altered by the techniques of genetic engineering so that its DNA contains one or more genes not normally found there."
Darwin's Theory dies out because our current science can be "faster"?
If you include the effects developed life has on the environment that developing life exists in, every environment, even that which is affected by humans, would be part of the natural selection algorithm.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
If you include the effects developed life has on the environment that developing life exists in, every environment, even that which is affected by humans, would be part of the natural selection algorithm.
Say what?o_O

One corn said to another...
Corn A : You taste sweet.
Corn B : Thank you but you are Hardy and Strong.
Corn A: Shame we are so far apart we can't mix my Sweet gene with your Hardy gene for many many years.

Meanwhile Farmer reads Darwin's book... Hmmmm?

Farmer gets Corn B's pollen and drives miles and miles, through man caused storms, snow and heat, to Hand pollinate Corn A with B's Pollen .

Farmer patiently waits in the near flood conditions. Time passes...

Corn A: Look I am Sweet and Hardy now and maybe resistant to my changing environment since I survived.

Scientist quickly study the new Genetic structure of A:B=C... not bad:)
Others proclaim "its man made and FrankenCorn":yikes:... danger!!!

Consumer demand rises, Famers make more Corn C, the world is fed with better hybrid GMO corn.

Moral to the story...
Dont GMO a bird with corn DNA. It may fly to pollenate Corn D.:laugh:

Jim...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
We had leg of lamb and it tasted fishy. I guess sometimes these hybrids can go the wrong way.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Speaking of food and health: Medscape has an article this week about saturated fat and coronary heart disease. A review of the science concluded that - eek! There is no evidence of a cause and effect. It looks like advocates for healthy eating and government policy makers were in an echo chamber without any science to base their opinions on. Fire up the barbecue! Hold the Kale!
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl..._wir&uac=105908BY&spon=17&impID=1519319&faf=1

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
There's a program on NPR right now where they are interviewing a scientist who just published a book called The Secret Life of Fat. The author talks about the discovery of viruses that cause an increase in appetite and the body's tendency to store fat. Genetics and environment have an impact beyond behavior to how we process and store food. Do GMOs have an effect? Probably, but it will be another 25 years before we discover exactly what that impact is. It's about motivation and who's agendas are at stake.
- Will ("the Cynic", Dragonfly)

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
Isn't corn on the cob inbred twice before it's planted to get what we eat? I thought I read that somewhere. Also I read that back forever ago a few goat grasses inbred and then there was a mutated Gene that gave us wheat as we know it.