Just a little thought...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Don't like the dry feeling in my mouth after drinking a beverage with Aspartame. They can change the name but I can still taste it and won't drink those beverages. I'm not afraid of it causing cancer. I just don't like it.
I don't have any problem with Glutan.
Is Kale any better than Spinach? Personally I prefer Chard. Kale is like eating bushes. Try this: Take some Kale chips to a party and put them down next to potato chips. See which is gone first.
I get every vaccine I can.
I don't care about GMO's. But they've screwed around with tomatoes too much. They're red but tasteless at the supermarket. I don't buy them until I can get them at a farm stand (Which are bred into strains, too. But strains that taste good.) I find it hard to get acidic tasting tomatoes since the public seems to like sweet. That's what they breed them to be.
Your body needs fats and cholesterol for nerve health. If you really reduce your cholesterol I think you will have an increased risk of dementia. This is from personal observation not scientific study.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Is Kale any better than Spinach?
If you look at this site.
http://nutritiondata.self.com
Compare the two..

Popeye the Sailor was Right!

_________
Your body needs fats and cholesterol
:plus::plus:

The single key to reducing your blood Cholesterol is to stop eating White Refined Sugar.

Try Raw Sugar if you can't break the addiction.
Jim...

PS: My Dr told me I have the Blood Characteristics of a 20 year old. I replied, "Now to get that Body again!":laugh:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My Dr told me I have the Blood Characteristics of a 20 year old. I replied, "Now to get that Body again!":laugh:
Because we all like to show off our blood characteristics. ;)
I've always wondered why mercury doesn't just sink to the bottom and stay there? It is pretty heavy compared to water. But then, oil spills don't always seem to float to the top. The ocean is pretty inconsistent, if you ask me.
- Will (Dragonfly)

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
1. No cancer, but doctors are still quantifying Aspartame's effect on type-II diabetes and blood sugar regulation.
2. Its not the gluten its the Roundup "According to the US Department of Agriculture, 99% of durum wheat, 97% of spring wheat, and 61% of winter wheat [in the U.S.] has been doused with Roundup" What we are seeing is not gluten intolerance, but increasing Roundup intolerance.
3. A superfood is a food with more healthy stuff in it than other foods.
4. Vaccinate your Kids
5. Detoxing is a diet fad. It only lead to short term weight loss that is difficult to maintain without long term lifestyle and diet changes.
6. The most widely cultivated GMO foods are no better for you. They just have modification to make them pest resistant, and resistant to common herbicides (ROUNDUP AGAIN!!!) There is great promise for GMOs to enhance our food sources, however current usage is strictly profit driven and leads to more pesticide usage in our fields.
7. Cats eat leaves and grass to make themselves throw up. Think about it.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
But they've screwed around with tomatoes too much. They're red but tasteless at the supermarket. I don't buy them until I can get them at a farm stand (Which are bred into strains, too. But strains that taste good.) I find it hard to get acidic tasting tomatoes since the public seems to like sweet. That's what they breed them to be.
“Theres only two things that money can’t buy and that’s true love and homegrown tomatoes.”

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I've always wondered why mercury doesn't just sink to the bottom
It is dissolved Mercury [Hg] in the ocean waters, can't sink.

When we saw a bio-accumulated Mercury in fish was way back in the late 1980's. The main source was found to be Mercury ladened pesticides from farm overuse. Mercury was banned then. After 30 years of no Mercury discharges, only very large fish/mammals of a body weights > 600 lbs are still found with Mercury in their flesh.

Moral to the story:
Don't eat Whale Blubber, Great White Sharks or Orca.:puke:
_______

The Feds are still checking for Mercury today and would reject any Hg laden fish.
Also Hg has all be been essentially eliminated from electronics, thermometers, etc.
Jim...

PS: I am eating unfiltered carbon smoked Salmon Salad for Lunch and sipping my Aspartame laden {my error] ladened Sprite Zero .;)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
After 30 years of no Mercury discharges, only very large fish/mammals of a body weights > 600 lbs are still found with Mercury in their flesh...
Sounds like my ex-wife may be at risk!

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
And anyone who wants to stay away from GMOs should stop eating seedless grapes and plucots. Who the heck thought cross breeding plums and apricots was a good idea?

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
And anyone who wants to stay away from GMOs should stop eating seedless grapes and plucots. Who the heck thought cross breeding plums and apricots was a good idea?
Who thinks eating apricots is a good idea?

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
When I was a paramedic an ER doctor once told us "Your patient didn't make it but you guys did a great job, his blood chemistry was perfect".

Apr 19, 2010
S2 9.2C Lincoln, NE
In the interest of education, I'd suggest posters Google "what does gmo mean?" It will help clear up some of the misconceptions expressed above.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
"what does gmo mean?"
Yep that what I thought! The world is changing so fast.:(

Darwin's Theory dies out because our current science can be "faster"?
On the "suggested" enlightenment search, OMG someone made a "purple rose".:rolleyes::doh:
They cross pollinated one to do that many years ago.
Watch Out for Vitamin C, extracted from GMO Purple Rose Hips.:yikes:

OMG "Winter Wheat", developed in University Agricultures schools, saved Oklahoma from the dust bowl 30's by understanding when rains came to Oklahoma, and the new FrankenWheat held the dry sandy soil instead of blowing away. Now cattle have winter food too, but are eating GMO wheat.:yikes:
Wait a minute, that winter wheat is now real scary, it is Transgenic! :yikes::yikes::yikes: Mommieeeeee!:(

I can stand it any more...
EnviroPIGS no more Bacon:pray:

Whew @Kermit you may be saved after all, New and Better Frog Legs are being developed in France.
FrancenFrogs :stir:

Jim...

PS: I love this Sail Call Lounge where fun "push back" is allowed.:pimp:

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Noteworthy enlightenment...
https://www.loc.gov/law/help/restrictions-on-gmos/usa.php
Just what I thought from my small uneducated brain.

B. Scholarly Opinion

Several scientific organizations in the US have issued studies or statements regarding the safety of GMOs indicating that there is no evidence that GMOs present unique safety risks compared to conventionally bred products. These include the National Research Council,[12] the American Association for the Advancement of Science,[13] and the American Medical Association.[14]

Groups in the US opposed to GMOs include some environmental organizations,[15] organic farming organizations,[16] and consumer organizations.[17] A substantial number of legal academics have criticized the US’s approach to regulating GMOs.[18]