Jabsco Quiet Flush water splashing out of bowl!

Jul 6, 2013
Hunter 336 Société Nautique de Genève
We have a brand new Jabsco Quiet Flush head. It works fine in all respects with one exception. When pumping out the bowl, there's such a strong whirlpool that the water (etc.) splashes up and out of the bowl onto the floor. This only happens at the very end of the dry bowl phase when the bowl is just about empty.

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the pump force. We can close the lid to contain the splash, but the underside still gets wet.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Have same issue on one of mine. Thought I needed to change joker valve. If your is new, I guess that's not the cause.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
As I replied to the same question you posted in cruisersforum.com, there's a couple of things that could be causing it. I suggest you call Jabsco tech support. I know it's useless to try to get any information if you call the Xylem tech support #, but you can call the direct line to Paul Campagna (he's their sanitation equipment guru): 978-282-5246

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I don't think so, Claude... If it were a blocked tank vent, there'd be increasing back pressure from the tank that would cause flushes to back up. And it would be slow seepage, not splashing,...'cuz even a brand new joker valve wouldn't be able to completely block slow seepage.

However, as I re-read his post, I'm a little confused. He says he has a "Quiet Flush" toilet, which is an electric macerating toilet...just push the flush button. But then he says "when PUMPING the toilet" and refers to the "dry bowl" phase...which sure sounds like he actually has a manual toilet. If that's what it is, I suspect a flapper valve needs adjustment or replacing...in which case, I'd just swap out the pump. It's a new toilet, still under warranty, and that's a LOT easier than taking the pump apart to replace a part in it. But if it really is a Quiet Flush electric toilet, he definitely should talk to Paul at Jabsco.

Jul 6, 2013
Sorry for the confusion. It’s definitely electric. What I meant by “pumping” was pushing the button that activates the electric pump that empties the bowl.

Jun 5, 2004
-Beneteau Oceanis 51.1 Chicago, IL
My experience with the "geyser" on a Quiet Flush has been that a tampon, wipe or liner was flushed and is jammed against the opening to the macerator at the bottom of the bowl. Needle nose pliers or bent coat hangar and rubber gloves should allow you to remove it from the bowl, without disassembly of the macerator. Otherwise, you'll need to remove the macerator to remove any remnants. Unfortunately, have experienced the geyser, caused by the above, on several occasions, despite signage or oral warnings.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2013
Paul, You nailed it! Somebody didn't follow the rules. Was able to extract the offending object with rubber gloves and needle nose pliers just like you suggest. Works like a charm now. Will have to put a little plastic bag dispenser like they have in hotels near the head :). Thank you. How do you like your Oceanis 45? We just launched an Oceanis 41.1 and are really enjoying it. Dan

Jun 5, 2004
-Beneteau Oceanis 51.1 Chicago, IL
Dan, you are welcome! Before leaving the dock, I now tell all guests, "no tampons, wipes or liners, use the bags in the head..". The oral warning seems to work better than signs. The Oceanis 45 has been a great boat; fast, comfortable, fun to sail and the first "big boat" I haven't wanted to sell within two years of purchase. You will enjoy your 41.1!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I'll be darned... I'd have thought that would clog up the macerator and/or impeller instead of creating a geyser. I still learn something new every day!
--Peggie