Its that time again....

Discussion in 'Ask A Macgregor Owner' started by jimrichey, Nov 5, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Todd Atchison

Todd Atchison

Joined Jan 25, 2017
    139 posts, 46 likes
    Macgregor V222
    US Kentucky Lake
    Yes great boat (Jim) and great movie (Peter). Funny once you become aware of a boat and model you start to see more of them. (We literally saw a Formosa 40 something, not quite the 51' at Bear Point Marina in Perdido Bay). The owners had lived on her for 14 years they were selling and coming ashore for health reasons. They wanted 60K. Though I too love the classic lines and dream of a big boat, the more I sail and research and nice, used 31 foot Hunter or Beneteau is more practical and less maintenance. Who am I kidding... this old V222 is almost more than I can handle. Let us know what you find out about that keel Jim. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

2. jimrichey

jimrichey

Joined Oct 13, 2018
    21 posts, 5 likes
    venture 222
    US georgia
    Thanks Todd

3. sailndays

sailndays

Joined Nov 29, 2012
    34 posts, 6 likes
    I learned to sail by: 1) crewing on a Cal 2-24, and 2) studying the Sea Eaxplorer manual. Shortly after I was single handed sailing a 38’ yawl.

4. Timethief

Timethief

Joined Feb 28, 2018
    39 posts, 11 likes
    MacGregor 25
    US Orlando
    Hey Jim! How’d you make out on the boat this weekend? First sail is almost always eye opening - and tends to make your to-do list longer (and changes it a bit). Hopefully it all went well, you didn’t break anything (too badly - I amanaged to destroy my headsail on the first outing), and you had a blast! With luck, there was even some wind!

jimrichey and Todd Atchison like this.

Sail Trim Chart and Guide
When it comes to sailing, as basic as salt and pepper and just as indispensable!
Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Noflex Sewage Treatment
Treat sludge and odor problems in holding tanks.
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!
-->