Its funny Friday!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
That post @pateco is funny. It has me chuckling. I took a moment. But then I put up with the same water temps all year. Water you would not want to dive into even if there was a line wrapped around the prop. At least not with out a dry suit and several layers of insulating clothes underneath. In our waters, it is not about shrinkage it is about retreat.
View attachment 158034
TMI my friend...... (tmi)

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
About a week before my last birthday the wife and I were having morning coffee. During the breakfast cleanup a slippery and soapy accident occurred which propelled my favorite coffee mug to the floor, shattering into hundreds of pieces. Her humble response was spoken to replace it with a more meaningful mug. I suggested that the mug have a nautical theme.

The next morning (I always prepare and pour the coffee before she awakes) I opted to provide a gentle, and amusing, reminder of her handling of glassware. Getting my trusty label maker I produced this with artistic license for her amusement upon her favorite mug:
B47984B2-4552-4435-B8CD-E88F1C87A906.jpeg
A week had passed, and on the day of my birth she presented a box containing my new nautical mug for our morning coffee. It was beautiful. She explained it had my first Inital and a nautically themed icon. I was thrilled.

Two weeks later we had company for breakfast, a British coworker and friend named Ian whom started laughing loudly and pointing towards my mug. I was taken aback until he explained the symbolism and underlying purpose of the mug!

I still love my Admiral...
185CF499-F5EC-4554-87C9-BDEBB4BDCDA8.jpeg

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Your wife is VERY smart.
She’s also Italian and has family in Sicily. I gotta be more careful about my attempts at being amusing. She does know how to get righted when heeled.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I heard a good one today... @Brian D shouted while wearing his yellow slicker, Bring me a good storm Wind and Rain...
Pretty tough for a Marine living in Sunny Southern California. Where the weather forecast calls for Mon 74, Tues 70, Wed 69, Thurs 73, Fri 78, Every day SUNNY. water temps 63 and winds 10-20 pretty much the next 5 days.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Winter Cove to Vancouver.jpg Like that here today too, John, don't know when fall will get here. ( not that we want a big storm!) Winter Point looking toward Vancouver.

Oct 22, 2014
Oh Michael That looks so good... But you wait as it is bound to change....

Oct 22, 2014
Better yet... Let us know when your coming and we'll give the boat a run up the Juan d Fuca, or Haro or Georgia Straits. Maybe all three, just to see what's up.