It’s been cold here in Rhode Island!

Mar 28, 2017
American Tug 395 Newport
We’re not used to these temperatures. Running a de-icer and everything seems happy enough. Of course now, as I write this post it is some 50 something degrees out and raining...welcome to New England.
The view from inside Esmeralde’s Cocoon yesterday morning.
Sheesh,
Bruce
CB1467CB-E4BB-4444-A2E0-EB229B41149D.jpeg

Hagar

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 42 Olympia Washington
Our son lives in central Massachusetts and is getting whip-sawed between single digits, single digits with snow and high wind, low 60's with rain and now due to go back to single digits. I think I will stick with the Pacific Northwest!

Mar 28, 2017
American Tug 395 Newport
We were out in the PNW earlier this year. I miss the area!
Bruce

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
We, I think, are just getting out of our January Thaw in New Hampshire. Just in time for my return from Mexico. It was colder here when we got back but it felt colder down there, at night. Funny how the quality of the air, moisture, pressure, wind, angle of Sun can have such an effect on how it feels regardless of what the thermometer reads.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
Come on Bruce! It'll be sailin'/boating season here in the "sailing capital of the world" in ....... months.... ☃ stay warm

Mar 28, 2017
American Tug 395 Newport
Come on Bruce! It'll be sailin'/boating season here in the "sailing capital of the world" in ....... months.... ☃ stay warm
Not soon enough Bob. We decided to leave the boat here this winter as we've spent so much time away in the last 12 months. Next year it is the I.C.W. for us!

Mar 28, 2017
American Tug 395 Newport
I may have to put socks back on Wednesday with a low of 39. No heat in the boat makes for chilly mornings
You made me laugh. I spend much of the winter cruising around inside our home without socks. It freaks my father in law out when he sees my not wearing socks...

Mar 28, 2017
American Tug 395 Newport
We, I think, are just getting out of our January Thaw in New Hampshire. Just in time for my return from Mexico. It was colder here when we got back but it felt colder down there, at night. Funny how the quality of the air, moisture, pressure, wind, angle of Sun can have such an effect on how it feels regardless of what the thermometer reads.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Yes, somehow location makes a difference. We have done some tent camping in Florida when the temperatures were in the mid 30's...
Fun but really cold!

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
When your high temp for the day is below zero (farenheit), then you can complain about it being cold....;)

Jun 23, 2013
Beneteau 373 Newport
:stir::stir:Although I enjoy Annapolis and agree it is a great sailing city to visit I grew up in Philly and did some sailing on the Chesapeake, also cruising thru on a ICW sail since moving to THE sailing capital. Good spring and fall sailing, but learn golf for July and August - no wind.
Newport = wind almost every day and great places to sail to for every size boat - in bay and beyond.
So, I'll give you number 2 with my sailing from Maine to Florida.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Here too, in South Texas- My banana trees froze AGAIN !! of course all my tangelos and lemons went away in the hurricane, so no great year.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Currently -5 this morning in the Minneapolis area. Our idea of a warm welcome to the Super Bowl fans......

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I've lived where zero F is a balmy, sunny afternoon in the springtime. Now I live where anything approaching 32F is cause for panic.
I went the otherway, now, I wouldn't mind going back. If only there weren't so many people that liked Florida better than NY.
I tell everyone who complains about the weather up here, "yeah, but that's why it's nicer living up here. The weather is what keeps the riff raff out."

Oh, did I say it was nicer living up here? No, I meant, if it weren't for this horrible weather, the lack of paved roads everywhere, having to drive in 4WD 60 miles or more to get to decent shopping, the isolation, the bears that raid your bird feeders, shoveling snow, ... It might be almost as nice as living in a big city with their warming pavement, close companionship, high end shopping, municipal services, reasonable sales tax, ...
No, you are definitely better off staying away from New Hampshire and snuggling down in some metropolis somewhere South.

- Will

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
It's almost 50 here this morning, but 5 to 10 inches of rain is predicted for the next 24 hours and we're at 48 degrees north.
Moving north doesn't always mean cold.

Ken

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
This morning, in horrible, terrible, best stay away from here, northern New Hampshire, it was 3. But, there is suppose to be a high of 20 today. Some snow possible.
Come visit, go skiing, enjoy the wilderness, peep at the fiery orange and red and yellow Fall leaves, buy stuff tax free, but don't let it's quiet beauty fool you, you are best off not staying;).
We do, however, have a strong maritime heritage. A clipper ship under construction is the state seal. Even though we have only 12 miles of coastline.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Ken. Make the rain go away and the temps stay above 50 for a few more days. The guys want to - need to - finish the glass work.