It was the Butler.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
The maid. There's no mail delivery on Sunday.
Do I win a new boat? What Kind?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
the maid was not "getting the mail" on a Sunday. She was obviously having a trist with the butler in the closet. But, her poor lieing skills makes her the only prosecutable suspect.
- Will (Dragonfly)
Frankly, I'm surprised she and the butler were able to keep their affair under wraps for so long, given how bad the maid is at lieing.:liar:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
... and sleeping? Give me a break! Who inherits in this scenario?
Just saying.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
The murderer did it i suppose.

All suspects are considered innocent until proven guily in a court of law.

If this was tv then the cops will grab anyone just to show off superior crime fighting abilities.

Shotty maid servive to grab mail after its been sitting out all night. Where is the mail delivered? If i can afford maids and personal chefs then i can have my mail delivered to my attorney or po box

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Or....
The wife made a phone call while sleeping? I really think it was the maid but it could have been the wife. While allegedly sleeping.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Butlers don’t clean closets...Maids do. I think the Butler may have been cleaning the Maid in the closet. Sunday mail, not likely, but plausible from Saturday delivery. Preparing breakfast on a Sunday for a sleeping wife takes about 15 minutes, after she wakes up. I’m going with the cook.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I think everybody has been a suspect except the gardener. That just makes me want to suspect the gardener. I suspect the gardener.

All suspects are considered innocent until proven guily in a court of law.
That only applies in a court of law. Not to the police nor to the public voicing their verdicts while watching the whole thing unfold on the news.
The police always carry out an investigation in two ways. 1. find the proof that shows the suspect is guilty, because the suspect is guilty. 2. If the evidence suggests the suspect is innocent then look somewhere else. It's up to the courts to find the suspect innocent.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
To arrest, the police need the following...
1) Motive
2) Opportunity
3) Time of Death

It has to be the wife, she is now a "Widow" and lied to police. She is the only one that fit all three factors...

1) Motive = money and revenge (hubby gave "light duty" to the maid:pimp:)
2) Opportunity = All the staff were busy and could not see her murder her husband.
3) While all the staff were busy, and the only one who knew "the time of death" to declare "she was sleeping"

"Chief Detective"
Jim...

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I have it... It was a conspiracy amongst everyone except the wife. All the staff had Sunday off. Nobody works on Sunday. (Except retail employees.)

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
The wife is evidently the only one w/o a firm alibi. Notice she says she was sleeping. How could we verify? The rest were doing something that actually might be checked on (e.g., the ... was...). Show me the clean closet, the veggies, the mail, the breakfast---uh, the sleep?

Reminds me of something funny. Frank Butler (Catalina Yachts founder) evidently has a house on Westlake Lake in Conejo Valley, CA. He has an ElectraCraft or Duffy that he uses on the lake. Get this... the name of the boat is: The Butler Did It. Very funny.:laugh:

Last edited: