It flys

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
:plus: I like the bright colors. Looks like you're having a good time.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Congratulations! It's gorgeous! I love flying ours but hardly ever do.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
We were almost stranded at Langley this AM. Wouldn't crank. Every thug looked good, then found the fuse holder to selonoid had fatigued and the top wire no longer made contact. Spliced in a new fuse holder and it started right up. I'm going to check the skematics as it seem strange the seloniod needs a fuse (30A). A fuse seem more appropriate going to the engine panel. I was going to Rewire the panel this winter. That project has moved up in priority.

Had a great time sailing was good. Had the asymmetric up for 2.5 hrs on Same tack. Wind was light and shifty. Every time I thought we would have to jibe it shifted allowing us to forge ahead. Having wind following on autopilot is very handy

Les

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
What a great sail and I'm sure a wonderful time with your son. Did he try and share some of his maritime engineering experiences? It would be interesting to hear you two discuss such subjects.. The son giving the master ideas... that sort of thing.
Returned from Italy in one piece. Thanks for the info on Global Entry. Felt like VIP's on our return, bypassing the lines.
Hoping to catch up week of 11-14 July... Only a few more days to go before you can sail everyday or not.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Thanks John

Yes global entry is great when entering the US. It's also nice it works on the boat.

He mostly shared some safety issues related to work he was supervising in Batam Indonesia. Even though they were in Indo Aussy safety governed their work. The best one is do you know what eye protection was initially used while arc welding??? A single layer of black garbage bag worn link the Lone Ranger without eye holes.

Les

Oct 22, 2014
NO OSHA... EPA... FDA... outside the US. Lack of Nanny state rules and yet the world survives. Black garbage bag is not in my future if I can help it. But interesting to learn tat it might be an emergency option. Wonder what they would use to watch the Solar Eclipse.

Have you tried GE on the boat?

Oct 22, 2014
Mark. Based on the recent weather report it sounds like you will be enjoying some fab PacNW summer weather.
I'm limited until August but hope to venture that way then for a couple of weeks.
Enjoy the voyage.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
We've been out around the islands for a couple of weeks, but had to return for jury duty.:banghead: Should know tomorrow whether I'm excused; I hope, I hope, I hope. Then our for a few more weeks. Maybe venture into BC, then back for my oldest son and his family August 5. They want to go cruising into BC as well.

Spent a few days in Eagle Harbor, then over to Parks Bay for several days. Some nice sail time.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Mark. Based on the recent weather report it sounds like you will be enjoying some fab PacNW summer weather.
I'm limited until August but hope to venture that way then for a couple of weeks.
Enjoy the voyage.
Hi John, how is the boat repair coming along; well I hope.