ISO replacement part for Yanmar SVE8 engine

Dani

Feb 24, 2018
Hunter 27 Kerr Lake
Hello,

I have a 1975 27 foot Hunter with an SVE8 engine and need to find a replacement part (jacket assembly, part number 705282-01550) for the water cooling system. Any suggestions of sources for obsolete Yanmar parts would be super appreciated! Boat located on Kerr Lake in Henderson NC.

Failing that, suggestions on what engine would be most compatible to repower with also much appreciated.

Dani

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Dani, ya might be able to find a compatible Yanmar single on a local Craigslist or Ebay .. problem would be getting dimensions of the particulars.. The old Yanmar singles were very similar and I suspect many parts are interchangeable .. The problem is going to be the measurements to be able to determine if something different would fit in the engine compartment and wouldn't need too much engine bed modifications.. The guys at Toad Marine Supply might be able to help .. Good luck with it..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yanmar-SB1...490615?hash=item239c8f45f7:g:93MAAOSw~jNZYZsL
Or maybe a shop around New Bern?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
We upgraded to a Yanmar 1GM10 seven years ago, and are very happy with the upgrade. 6 knots in flat water. No problem averaging over 5 knots on a long cruise. Installation was straightforward. We got a deal on a like new engine from Torresson with less than 50 hours on it.

Good luck!

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
They did start production of the Hunter 27 in 1974, but yours is the first i've seen posted on sbo. Do you know the hull #?

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
My H27 was repowered with a 2gm20f yanmar. The fit works, but tight. Pushes the boat easily at 6 kts. Nice to have in the strong currents in this area. The 1gm should work fine on your lake though.

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Replacement in-deck solar panel

Finally, a drop-in replacement for the in-deck solar panel on Hunters built from the early 90s through the mid-2000s. Improved for longer life and greater output.
See the product