Is this power outlet standard?

Aug 17, 2015
oday 28 rock hall
On my O'Day 28, I found what appears to be an electrical connector assembly which appears to be obviously broken (parts missing). In the inner part (i have no clearer picture) are the + and - electrical connections and wires definitely go to it when looking in the lazarette.

Is this standard on the O'Day? If so, what was it used for and what does it really look like. I was thinking of replacing it with a 12v "cigarette lighter" socket (not used for real cig' lighters).

Thanks in advance

Chris

Attachments

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
it looks like an out dated 12vdc connection i had 2 or 3 on my boat but i got rid of them and did what you propose to do 12v cig outlet ...if you are talking about the one on the right of your pic witch it seem by the magenta box you are

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
I don't have a coaming box on my 28....I would like to add, how do you like them? loved them on my Catalina 25

Sep 16, 2014
Oday 272 Ventura
Yes Perko makes them. I replaced mine with one from perko for my tillerpilot. The only reason I kept that setup was no disconnection because you have to screw it in. Funny store on a different boat. Solo sailing and went to use the head and next thing you know I am coming about. The cigarette lighter popped out. Not much use otherwise. If you don't have a tillerpilot would change out to cigarette outlet for sure.

Nov 6, 2013
ODay 34fl pompano beach
I had something similar that apparently was a connector for an auto pilot wired remote. I swapped it out for a duel USB port and my kids love me now. They have ample charging stations.

Aug 28, 2015
Oday 28 St Joseph, MI
I have one of those posted by Kloudie1. Its in that little plexi glass fronted compartment, aft on the starboard side of the cockpit. What was the purpose of that compartment, anyway?

jmseas

Apr 18, 2011
Oday 34 Long Beach, California
That's a great spot for a USB outlet! Another project on the list...
The coaming box is great, my jib furling line & sunscreen live there.