Is there a way to reverse the raw water pump on a Yanmar 2GMF?

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Plus, after running a bit, you have warmed-up you meal :^)))

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Benny, what are you talking about?
You are so right, it does not make much sense, does it? I must have had a senior moment. Perhaps this explanation might not make much sense either. I have the same Yanmar engine and never had an issue on how the bracket and the raw water pump are located. We replace the impeller once a year unless we have a cooling system foul up. I feel that sometimes we create problems for ourselves by wanting to do things a certain way. I'll admit that I know very little about winterizing as we do not practice it in Florida but I always thought there is no need to remove the impeller to winterize the engine. Yes I hear some state that the antifreeze can deteriorate the rubber in the impeller but it is a similar rubber as that used in the hoses. In any instance if it were me I would schedule my yearly replacement right after commissioning the boat each spring. I hope my opinion was made clearer this time.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
since 1980 my raw water pump impellers for my various diesel sailboat engines. have sat in rv antifreeze after winterization , on haul in and have worked faultlessly. i look at them every few years and replace them only as a precaution.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
since 1980 my raw water pump impellers for my various diesel sailboat engines. have sat in rv antifreeze after winterization , on haul in and have worked faultlessly. i look at them every few years and replace them only as a precaution.
I have had to replace mine due to failure twice in three years. But I probably get 100 hrs plus use in a year

2017-07-22 13.45.05.jpg 2017-07-22 13.46.13.jpg