Is macgregorsailors down for good?

Jan 31, 2013
MacGregor Mac26X Trailer sailing for adventure,
Is forum macgregorsailors down for good? I don't post there but was looking for mod ideas.........

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Hard to say?? The board runs on some pretty old software and maybe that is becoming an issue, but that is merely a guess. The other is that it is a lot of work maintaining one of these boards and maybe that has become an issue. Also there is considerable expense in hosting boards like this in server fees alone. I pay over $300 a year out of my pocket to keep my site up on the internet and at some point that will stop. At least for now it says "down for maintenance".

I obviously post on both boards and read both boards. I'm all for gaining knowledge anywhere I can get it and this and that board have been great resources for me, so hope that both stay up and healthy for a long time,

Sumner
============================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Sorry to go off topic, but @Sumner what is your web site? And, do you NEED to use that site?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Sorry to go off topic, but @Sumner what is your web site? And, do you NEED to use that site?
It starts here....

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html

... and there is a lot there ;). Not a forum to post on but info that others have used. I use it myself sometimes when I'm building/making something new and can't remember how I made it before or where I got something :(,

Sumner
====================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...

MacGregor 26-S Mods...http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/endeavour-main/endeavour-index.html
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Oct 15, 2006
MacGregor 26X Central Florida
I am a reluctant refugee from MacGregor Sailors forum. So many good friends and conversations that seem to be lost. Have others come over here or are they going to other forums? Does anyone know?

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
I think it was good for discussions involving the power sail / power boat/ higher hp aspect to have its own safe haven (on that different forum). Seems this forum has been a lot more about traditional displacement sailing.

Aug 7, 2011
MacGregor 26S Lakeland, FL
The admins from macgregorsailors have repeatedly posted elsewhere that the forum site is not down for good. There were some issues and the owner just hasn’t hasn’t had the time to get them all cleared up. They assure us it will be back...

I know the feeling, cuz my lower unit is off and i don’t have time to finish fixing it at the moment. Bummer.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Just did a search on face book.. looks like the power sailors are alive and well on FB posting lots of pictures. That "other" forum was very dependent on photo bucket which somewhat went away taking a lot of useful visual info with it. Maybe FB is now the Mac power sailor place to be.. dont know.

Oct 15, 2006
I don't do FB (I assume that is Facebook), so I will just hang out here for the time being. Can you post pictures on this forum? Just tried the upload feature. So at so good.
20171027_155200.jpg

Oct 15, 2006
Thanks. Never gotten to your fine country. The closest I got was South Vietnam back in the late '60's. We did serve with an Australian frigate, the HMAS Hobart, if I remember correctly. I do remember her call sign was "Royal Purple", and I really enjoyed it when we had radio transmissions, what with the Aussie accent, and all. Boy, were they professional. A total class act.

Neo

Jan 30, 2015
Macgregor 26M Gosford
You're always welcome to come sailing!! .... I bet you could teach me a thing or two lol! ... I think I saw HMAS Hobart (Must have been the old D39) in Garden Island (Navy Base in Sydney) a few years back.

Oct 15, 2006
You're always welcome to come sailing!! .... I bet you could teach me a thing or two lol! ... I think I saw HMAS Hobart (Must have been the old D39) in Garden Island (Navy Base in Sydney) a few years back.
Yes, I guess it would be the "old D39" at this point, but when we sailed with her, she was brand new and always looked sharp; really envied the crew's short pants, too. Perfect uniform for tropical waters, but we had to trudge around in long pants!