Interior cabin cushions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2008
Catalina 30 Home Port Marina, Palm Harbor, Fl
I just purchased a Catalina 30 which had been laid up for some time and has water and mildew damage to the interior cushions. We can not find a way to clean them or get the moldy smell out of the foam. Where can I go to replace these items? I tried a web-search and came up without any good leads.
George,
Clearwater (Palm Harbor) Florida
gorndorff@jointcommission.org

Jun 23, 2004
Catalina 30 Burnham Harbor Chicago
We used catalina yachts for ours a couple of years ago. The price was very competitive and the fit was perfect!

Jan 12, 2006
Catalina 25 All Over, USA
I would find a local shop to make you new ones .
Agree...take the old ones to a reputable auto detailer...they'll use the old ones as patterns. He/she can make them and it will be much cheaper than if you take them or purchase them from anybody that has anything to do with boats.:D

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
I would check

with Catalina Yachts, at least for a price to compare with locals.

One of the factors of the success of Catalina Yachts and the ability to remain a popular boat with a reasonable price after selling over 80,000 is their unique manufacturing process.

If they can manufacture within house, they do so. In turn this means that economies of scale are recognized. I would think that you would be hard pressed to find a custom fabricator that can beat the price of something mass produced.

They possibly have 3 different levels of quality cushions available for you to choose from. Something with a velour, perhaps a tough material similar to canvas, and perhaps something along the line of a similated leather with a variety of colors that will keep your Catalina with the trademarks that made it a Catalina. Of course if that is a non issue for you then it would be a moot point :). I'm more of a purist, so that would be my choice.

Oct 6, 2007
Catalina 387 Panama City, FL
US Yacht Cushions in St Petersburg made the original cushions for my 1987 H31 (they still had the patterns), and I had them make new covers in 2006. They did very good work, but a friend of mine that restitched a seam that I pulled out, said that they did not use the strongest thread that they could have. E-mail address below.

USYC@aol.com

Jim

May 21, 2007
Catalina 36 MK II NJ
I have a cheap set of bedding for sale for a Catalina 36. They are like brand new. Maybe you can make them fit? $200s.

R

Rich Miller

cabin cushions

I just purchased a Catalina 30 which had been laid up for some time and has water and mildew damage to the interior cushions. We can not find a way to clean them or get the moldy smell out of the foam. Where can I go to replace these items? I tried a web-search and came up without any good leads.
George,
Clearwater (Palm Harbor) Florida
gorndorff@jointcommission.org
how did you make out on your cushion replacement? I need to do my hunter 22, 1981.

Status
Not open for further replies.