Installing a roller furler

Sep 6, 2018
hunter 240 indianapolis
I have a Mac26 centerboard. I think 1994.

A friend gave me a roller furler and i’m Going to get it mounted soon. I took it apart today. Planning to mount the headstay upside down alongside the current headstay and then measure to get them even.

I’ll have to cut the new cable and the furler itself. Bought a sta-lok eye to repair the cable. Once I have it mounted i’ll Measure for the new headsail.

Planning a Genoa. Any advice on size? I’ll be sailing on a reservoir that gets some decent wind.

I’m excited for the upcoming boating season!

GeoffR

May 14, 2016
MacGregor Venture 17 Midwest
hoosierdoc! Zionsville Indiana here, looking forward to seeing that genoa flying on Eagle Creek! You could use the quoting tool on a website like precisionsailloft to get sizes, then go from there...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Do you not have a genoa already for the Mac? We just had ours modified per the furler instructions (CDI).

Sep 6, 2018
hunter 240 indianapolis
Well.... the boat will be on Monroe :D my uncle sails on eagle creek though. They built a home last year and he’s active in the races.

I don’t believe I do. If I do, it’s hanked on and likely 20y old. I’ll check out the estimator, thanks

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
My Mac genoa was hanked on too before we modified it. If you have one, evaluate it and compare the dollars to modify or replace. A lot depends on how you want to sail and how long you plan to keep the Mac. We grew out of ours quickly.

Last edited: