Ignition circuit fuse in a 309

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2013
Catalina 309 Newport NSW
There should be a fuse in the ignition circuit. This is the circuit containing the start and stop buttons and the ignition key. Does anyone know where this fuse is located?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
On our boat, it's cleverly hidden underneath the alternator. But that's for a Kubota/Universal. In line fuse, 1986 fuseholder dies regularly. Find it and move it to a more accessible spot.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
On our 270 with Perkins and 320 with Yanmar the fuse is cleverly hidden on top of the engine block in a self-destructive inline holder taped inside the main wiring loom. It is only because I was positive it was there that I had the faith to keep removing electrical tape and searching the loom until I found it. Check your engine electrical schematic from Catalina carefully, it may provide a clue as to the location of the 20 or 30 amp fuse that provides all power to the engine instrument pod. On most of the recent models it seems to be on top of the block.

Feb 21, 2013
Catalina 309 Newport NSW
Location of Ignition Circuit fuse/circuit breaker

Catalina have advised that the 309 is fitted with a push button circuit breaker. This is located on the Pedestal between the Start and Stop Buttons. The breaker pops out when the circuit is tripped.

Attachments

Apr 3, 2012
Catalina 309 Sydney
Well talk about good timing ...
Got on the boat yesterday started the engine and no gauges were working, then I couldn't stop the engine..
Remembered reading about this circuit breaker, pressed the button and all was good.
First time it's happened in 7 years

Status
Not open for further replies.