Ideas for mounting second battery in a H23.5

Sep 19, 2016
Caliber 33 Sebastian, FL
Interesting. Is there a panel mount version? Otherwise, I'd need to have a pigtail running through the deck right?

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
The SB plug bodies have holes in them that allow you to bolt them to a flat surface. I normally use a pair of stainless washers as spacers when I mount them. I usually bolt them up under a gunwale to give them a little cover. You can also get a handle that bolts to the same mounting holes on the non-fixed plug. This makes it much easier to get a good grip without straining the crimped connections. The SB50 size (50 amp) has 2 different size internal pins available as I remember. Off the top of my head, I think that one was good for AWG #10 wire & the other was good for AWG #6. If you buy a complete plug kit with the wrong pins, you can buy replacement pins in the other size for a few bucks.

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
My 23.5 listed to starboard with the battery, 100 pound Honda 9.9 and the fuel tank all on the same side. I balanced the boat with a lot of ballast on port, slowing this slow boat further. Considered moving the battery to port but...... rather go sailing that work on the boat.