Ice box drain pump

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Same on the O'Day 272 LE....only ours never worked from the beginning so we purchased a repair kit and it still did not work so we purchased a small electric water pump to pump the icebox water to the sink where it goes overboard, not into the bilge....in fact the elec. ice box pump saved us last week when our AC water pump cracked open filled the starboard
lazarette with water (over the battery compartment and we grabbed the elec. pump.to pump out the compartment...our automatic bilge pump was trying to remove all the water, but there was too much shooting out the side of the March pump...all ended up okay, but I'm replacing the pump of course.....have a new one on order....btw, it was all my fault as in
thinking about this I realized I had not winterized the AC system....and this was the pumps first use this summer...shame on me....had winterized everything else, but not the AC system.....I'll do better next year.

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Our good friends had an O'day 28 with an ice-box that drained directly to the bilge...one day their son tipped over a 1/2 gallon of milk in the ice box and it drained directly to the bilge area in the main cabin......Kansas can be quite warm and so you can imagine that
the bilge developed an awful odor with the milk sloshing around....they did not realize what had happened immediately but the smell alerted them by the end of the weekend..
it was not a happy smell. Pat

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
You should not cry over spilt milk, but spilt milk can bring tears to your eyes.:laugh:
A Milk Man.

leo310

Dec 15, 2006
Catalina 310 44 Campbell River BC
On our Cat 310 the fridge drain is hooked to the shower sump pump with a "Y" valve. We just switch the valve and turn on the pump, work great when cleaning the unit as we don't have to worry about how much water is used.

estopa

Feb 27, 2008
Oday 222 Milford, CT
Interesting read. I was always wondering where the icebox drain went. It always backs up. I don't have a fynspray pump. I wonder if indeed it's connected to the shower sump or bilge