I need everything including kitchen sink

Nov 24, 2018
Hunter Legend 35.5 Daytona Beach
Restoring Legend 35.5 that was sunk during hurricane Irma. wish there was someone near Daytona with one to measure parts. or plans for new galley sink area. the salvage company ripped out sink. tropicrec@yahoo.com

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
This will be a project adventuer.... Buckle your seat belt it may be a bumpy ride.

At least it is Christmas time and Christmas Gift deals. It is ok to give to your self during Christmas.

Best wishes. Pictures help us help you.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
This will be an interesting project to follow. Keep us posted. I hope the salt water didn't ruin the engine. If it were me, it would be my first priority.

tjar

Aug 8, 2011
Hunter Legend 35.5 Tacoma, WA
Looking forward to reading your posts and learning about details that I can apply to my 35.5. Happy to take measurements or pictures for you too.

Nov 24, 2018
Phase one get the 3 ym30 I bought installed with all new drive train parts. then mast re stepping.
Phase 2 will be rewiring and electric stuff ( may go with lots of solar) . 3 will be building the galley and plumbing. 4 wood working and refinishing.. Thinking about doing a Vlog\Youtube. It was out of the water for a year. I ran Ozone generator and then cleaned it for 2 weeks with white vinegar then Bleach followed by presure washing the whole interior with fresh water. smells clean no mold.. dry as a bone...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Consider an LED conversion before you step the mast. Nice nav light upgrades available. I ran new wiring thru mine while it was down.

Nov 24, 2018
A guy bought it at auction to flip .not an easy thing to do. he had the exterior patched but left the gusset patch the salvage guys did on the inside. so, Instead of grinding off the outside which looked good and sounded solid tapping on it., I cut a hole through the boat with a hole saw. to take a core sample. the outside was solid . so I removed all the fractured glass from the inside and laid 3 layers of 1708 bi axle matstich roving. with epoxy . It's probably the stongest part of the boat. I talk to the original owner today. He said it was a puncture wound from a clete on the sea wall. about an inch in diameter. They not allow to return to their home for a week after the storm.
salvage patch.jpg
my patch ground out.jpg
My patch.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
I ran Ozone generator
Understand the use of this tool. You killed the spores of mold and mildew. Note that these machines produce a caustic gas ‘Ozone”.
Ozone is a powerful oxidant (far more so than dioxygen) and has many industrial and consumer applications related to oxidation. This same high oxidising potential, however, causes ozone to damage mucous and respiratory tissues in animals, and also tissues in plants, above concentrations of about 0.1 ppm.​
Chemically it has the properties of what most people call acids and as such can affect the items in your boat like hoses, wood, organic materials in a negative manner depending on the concentration.

Care is recommended in it’s use.

Oct 22, 2014
One small hole and a lot of stuff removed by salvage crew? Scavengers?

Nov 24, 2018
I have a lot of experience with the Ozone generator.. It will do a 2200sq.ft. house in 8 hours.

Oct 22, 2014
I suspected this to be the case. Glad you knew the risks.

Just wanted to input the info for other SBO members who might read this and not have your skill level.

Nov 24, 2018
lots of good boat stuff left behind they got the wind generator. left bilge pumps fire extinguishers. and all the sails.

nfg2u

Feb 13, 2016
Hunter Legend 35.5 Fort Pierce
@Tropicdawg
I have a 35.5 Legend in Fort Pierce, just down the road. Send me a PM.

I see why they ripped out the sink, that's the galley drain and the fridge drain hose in the picture, correct?
Its a great boat, I hope you get her back in working order.
What year is she?

Steve

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Ozone is a powerful oxidant (far more so than dioxygen) and has many industrial and consumer applications related to oxidation. This same high oxidising potential, however, causes ozone to damage mucous and respiratory tissues in animals, and also tissues in plants, above concentrations of about 0.1 ppm. Chemically it has the properties of what most people call acids and as such can affect the items in your boat like hoses, wood, organic materials in a negative manner depending on the concentration.
I'll back this up. I used to use one in my bedroom until I woke up one night unable to catch a breath. My lungs could pull air in but the air in the room did nothing. It was like breathing some other gas. As for affecting other objects, they do use ion generators for age testing

Nov 24, 2018
Ozone replaces O2 with O3. Ozone generators should never be run when people or animals are present. A few years ago low output generators were sold that were left on. They made people sick.and gave ozone a bad rap. The correct way to use ozone is to run a high output generator for 6 to 8 hours (2200sq. ft) and then thoroughly air out the space with fans for a couple hours. Done right an ozone treatment can rid a house of odors and kill airborne mold.