Registered users don't see ads

I Need a prop

Discussion in 'Ask A Hunter Owner' started by Jimongee, Aug 11, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Jimongee

Jimongee

Joined Jun 17, 2012
    100 posts, 1 likes
    Hunter 356
    US Boyne City
    I have a 2002 Hunter 356. It has the original propeller on it. Finally after cruising all summer in the North Channel-I think a new prop with more than the minimum 2 blades would help performance overall. That said I'm not interested ina folding prop, but if anyone has info on multi blade prop upgrade as well as the supplier source-that would be very helpful.
    Thanks

2. Dave Groshong

Dave Groshong SBO Staff Staff Member

Joined Jan 25, 2007
    1,138 posts, 31 likes
    Catalina 22
    US Seattle
  3. M_Michaels

M_Michaels

Joined Feb 17, 2013
    32 posts, 1 likes
    Hunter 380
    US Port Clinton, Ohio Port Clinton, Ohio
    I have a 2000 Hunter 380. Boat came with a 3 blade Max Prop. I removed it and installed a 3 blade Flex-O-Fold prop. I am very pleased with this prop. I can back out of my slip (to starboard or port) with no tricks or gimmics. Simple design that works wonders.

4. jeff356

jeff356

Joined Apr 21, 2014
    75 posts, 12 likes
    Hunter 356
    US Middle River, MD
    I am in the same camp as you with a 2 blade original and looking for increased performance, both in forward and reverse. Researched what was available in a fixed 3 blade and saw many good reviews, even in Practical Sailor for the Campbell Sailor Prop. The blade design gives very good propulsion with little drag over a fixed 2 blade, and is said to reverse very well. This is on my list of upgrades over the winter when I pull the boat.
    Looked at a RH 15x9 and the cost was $645 which I think is very reasonable compared to folding props.
    Jeff

5. gladwish

gladwish

Joined Mar 17, 2013
    8 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 36
    Ca Toronto
    My Hunter 36 came with a variprop feathering three blade and have no issues with the performance at all. Forward, reverse and the prop walk all are predicable and manageable. I have had a Flex O Fold on my previous boat and it was a very good prop and a fraction of the cost of the variprop. If I was purchasing a prop today I would have to consider the Flex ) Fold 3 blade folding based on performance versus value

Hunter throttle and shift cables
Order by model, fast shipment
Hunter striping decals
Striping in factory colors for most models.
Hunter gaskets for all!
Gaskets for ports, hatches, latches, speaker pods, refrigerators, freezers, more.
Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.