I Need a prop

Jun 17, 2012
C&C 35 MKIII Manitowoc, WI
I have a 2002 Hunter 356. It has the original propeller on it. Finally after cruising all summer in the North Channel-I think a new prop with more than the minimum 2 blades would help performance overall. That said I'm not interested ina folding prop, but if anyone has info on multi blade prop upgrade as well as the supplier source-that would be very helpful.
Thanks

Feb 17, 2013
Hunter 380 Port Clinton, Ohio
I have a 2000 Hunter 380. Boat came with a 3 blade Max Prop. I removed it and installed a 3 blade Flex-O-Fold prop. I am very pleased with this prop. I can back out of my slip (to starboard or port) with no tricks or gimmics. Simple design that works wonders.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
I am in the same camp as you with a 2 blade original and looking for increased performance, both in forward and reverse. Researched what was available in a fixed 3 blade and saw many good reviews, even in Practical Sailor for the Campbell Sailor Prop. The blade design gives very good propulsion with little drag over a fixed 2 blade, and is said to reverse very well. This is on my list of upgrades over the winter when I pull the boat.
Looked at a RH 15x9 and the cost was $645 which I think is very reasonable compared to folding props.
Jeff

Mar 17, 2013
Hunter 36 Toronto
My Hunter 36 came with a variprop feathering three blade and have no issues with the performance at all. Forward, reverse and the prop walk all are predicable and manageable. I have had a Flex O Fold on my previous boat and it was a very good prop and a fraction of the cost of the variprop. If I was purchasing a prop today I would have to consider the Flex ) Fold 3 blade folding based on performance versus value