I have been offered a 1979 c&c 25, it needs work.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Maybe a Bristol 27 (Weekender) but not quite there. The cabin looks like a Cape Dory but the windows aren't right. There are those on this forum who are very good at this.
Whatever, as noted it floats, and it has sails. If the deck isn't spongy, the bottom is decent, bulkheads sound (if not pretty), keel bolts OK and chain plates not corroded and securely anchored, it is a usable boat. Post #2 is the question.

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I have a strong feeling that the boat in the photo is a Hinterhoeller 25 which was originally designed and built by George Hinterhoeller and later built by C&C. It is not to be considered a C&C 25 as that was a totally different boat.
That. Love that offset companionway.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I have a strong feeling that the boat in your photo is a Hinterhoeller 25 which was originally designed and built by George Hinterhoeller and later built by C&C. It is not to be considered a C&C 25 as that was a totally different boat. You can find the specs in the following link.
http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=233
A sistership is for sale on Yachtworld.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1971/Hinterhoeller-25-2867736/United-States#.V_sTRIb3arU
Notice the seller says the outboard is worth half the selling price, and he supposedly has good sails. An old, unseaworthy boat that needs a motor, sails and paint is probably worth $50 IMHO. Then I'd still hesitate to get it.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
here is a Hinterhoeller HR25... working condition, reasonable asking price.... with this and what shemandr offered, it gives you some idea of the value of yours.
but when comparing prices, remember, what I have shown is an asking price for a ready-to-sail boat...

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
In that view it's a nice looking boat. Fin keel. SA/Disp a little weak (but a good learning boat), draft is reasonable. You won't get your money back but few of us ever do. I'm warming up to this. Get a trailer for it and you might have a pretty good platform.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Not bad... at least it's a real sailboat. Not a some weird looking AMF type boat. I'd look into it a bit more. Is there a price?

May 8, 2011
ODay 25 Cambridge
You'll need a title to register the boat. The title will have the boat manufacturer. Without a title you'll have trouble with the authorities in Maryland.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Just the cost to refurbish
What about storage? Can you take it out of the water... dry storage or bring it home? That way you can address the bottom while you're strategizing the rest of your project.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Can you take it out of the water... dry storage or bring it home?
That's why I like the trailer. You gain control of storage expenses which can be substantial. You could have a boat mover bring to somewhere you don't have to pay a lot.