I have a Capri 26 1992

Jan 26, 2017
Catalina Capri 26 St Kilda
I have a 1992 Capri 26 with Universal 2-12C........has anybody changed out the flex mounts and if so how did they lift the motor?

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Car jack.
You have the luxury of good engine access for this task.

Apr 2, 2011
Catalina 27 Niceville, FL
I did mine (C27) by disconnecting the prop shaft, exhaust hose and anything that might get tight with the engine lifted. I used a crowbar and several small wooden blocks. I ran all the lock nuts on the mounts up to being flush with the top of the stud. Using a ruler, I measured the distance from the engine mount brackets or ears, down to the stringers, so I would at least have a general reference of height for adjustment with the new mounts. Then I lifted the engine using the bottom nuts until the brackets are snug to the top nuts. I removed both top nuts on the starboard mounts and used the crowbar under one engine brackets to lift the engine up high enough to stick in some wooden blocks to hold it there. The engine rotates off the studs, but can't go anywhere because the port mount nuts are still on the studs. Remove the lag bolts and remove the mount.
It really is not that hard to do, although your port aft might be difficult to reach.
Don't be too aggressive when you tighten the lag bolts, as they are prone to strip and that's a problem you don't want.