I guess I’ve been living under a rock...

Aug 20, 2010
Oday 27 Oak Orchard
Didn't we have a little dust up in the late seventeen hundreds about Divine Right of Kings. Apparently there is a massive conspiracy afoot where our daughters are indoctrinated with stories of marrying a prince and living happily ever after. Obviously they haven't gotten over it and seek to regain their absolutist control over at least one former colony. Without a doubt this treachery needs to be exposed. By usurping marital bliss with this ongoing slavish obedience to the crown, reproduction ceases and we become an easy target for recolonization. Spread the word, the Brits are coming again. You heard it here first.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Prince Harry is no longer a serving Army officer, so is entitled to wear a beard while in uniform. His father, as a Royal Navy officer, could of course wear a beard as long as it was “full enough”.
And he kept his beard.

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
Between the two, there'll be no point in turning on the news for at least a week.

Rocket Man could nuke San Francisco, and it would be second page below the fold in the NYT.
Gene you couldn't be more right with the NYT. "All the news that's fit to print" my ass!!!!!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I just got back from a parade...
The Aliens are coming... the ALIENS are coming... THE ALIENS ARE COMING...
http://ufofest.com/
FEF171A9-FB50-401C-82F9-678F0CCE4AA1.jpeg
Big crowd... lots of friendly aliens... a little beer... Candy for the kids... people dressing up dogs in weird costumes...
288669CA-5056-49E1-BAC4-BA251D2288F9.jpeg
Nothing wrong here.... Locals say there have been abductions.

Jan 11, 2014

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Since I started this thread I’ll tell y’all that we watched the ceremony. Having photographed about a million weddings here on this side of the pond I was curious to see how they do things on that side. Other than the silly accents it could have been right here in South Carolina. Honestly I enjoyed that part of the broadcast. The NBC commentary was rediculous, though. Those women are idiots!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
So you learned some new British tricks to use... It was a business viewing.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Actually it is. I married a damn yankee from Upstate NY. Thank God she only sounds like her yankee sisters when they’re together. (They’re yankees. Not damn yankees. Do y’all know the difference?)
Damn yankees are the ones you just did business with. (Yankee traders)
Ever hear of a Yankee swap? Weirdest way to get together and give each other things they don't want and they claim it's fun too.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 11, 2014
Actually it is. I married a damn yankee from Upstate NY. Thank God she only sounds like her yankee sisters when they’re together. (They’re yankees. Not damn yankees. Do y’all know the difference?)
What part of upstate?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I do love my damn yankee, though.
I'm happy for you, Kermit.
I love my Yankee too.

Do you know the difference between being married to a Yankee woman and being married to a Southern belle?

The Southern belle let's you know you are in charge. Yankee women will tell you the truth.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Went out to breakfast this AM with my wife and 97 year old mother. Met some friends. The ladies knew what everyone had worn and what their names were. I never heard of the bride until recently and never knew she was an "actress". My comment of "decent rack" was all I could contribute. Was not well received.