I got cracks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David E.

I uncovered my boat 3 weeks ago from winter storage to discover two cracks in the hull. One is 3.5" long and axtends down from mast tabernacle to nonskind on the starboard side. The other is 3" long and extends from nonskid tape(not quite touching tape though) up to the curve designating the storage area. It is almost in line with other crack. I have always stored my boat where water won't stand in the hull, even when covered, so I was really suprised to see the hairline cracks. I am going to compose E-mail /pictures to send to my dealer and Hunter real soon. It is nice to here that there is repairs possible. How about hearing from some people that have been out this year. I just have been to busy.

M

Mark Burrows

What kind of boat?

There have been several small hunters reporting cracks. Is it one of the ACP or fiberglass hulls? Markdb

D

David E.

It is a 2001 Hunter 170

Sorry for not mentioning what it was before. Yes, it is ACP. Have a good 'un!

D

Dick in MI

I just uncovered my 170

Got a little nervous reading about the cracks. No apparent problem with mine, although I loosened the tarp up a bit for better ventilation. I had a light-colored tarp made last fall and had it tied down tightly. My main worry was that water would get in, find a crevice, freeze, expand, then ka-boom...big crack. The tarp seems to have gotten me through the winter unscathed. I left it uncovered last summer, but am considering either using the tarp or having a custom cover made when it is on the trailer this year. Not sure of the best way to vent it...leave it loose, or have hole/grommets put in at strategic locations.

J

Jeff Wingo

Get the right cover

After consulting with Crazy Dave on this very issue, he has stressed to me the importance of a light colored cover with vents. I ordered one from him. He has them custom built to his specifications. I will post pictures when it comes in.

J

Jeremiah D. Canty

Crack Repairs?

I haven't seen any cracks on mine--but, that said--where did you find out about repairs? JD

Status
Not open for further replies.