I can't look away

richk

Jan 24, 2007
Marlow-Hunter 37 Deep Creek off the Magothy River off ChesBay
If ya got 'em, roll 'em? Maybe some training is in order :)

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
When I pointed it out to a friend he wanted to know what I said to the owner.
"Nothing, I didn't know what to say, Nice Jib, how's it working for you ?"

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
On second thought you may point out to him that he will get more out of his money if he uses all the protective cover rather than just part of it by rolling it the other direction

Mar 11, 2015
Hunter 33.5 Tacoma, WA
Couple months ago this boat got a new jib, everyone else just walks by and doesn't seem to notice anything, I just keep staring at it.
It looks like it's furled on backwards. The UV strip is most likely on the other side!

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
And the furling line is on the drum, kinda makes my head hurt when I think about it too long.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
Sometimes you just have to tell someone their fly isn't zipped up, do it as nicely as you can and you are doing them a huge favor. The sooner that gets fixed the sooner years will be added to the life of that sail.

Oct 13, 2013
Wayfarer Mark I GRP Chicago
And the furling line is on the drum, kinda makes my head hurt when I think about it too long.
I can't pick that out. May be shadows playing a trick but isn't it running down the starboard side?

Is he new to sailing or just new to having a furling system?

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I believe that this would be similar to putting your jeans on inside out!

Feb 3, 2015
Marlow Hunter 37 Reefpoint Marina Racine, WI
We all had to start somewhere. I'd only hope a brother sailor would quietly take me aside and gently point out where I went wrong.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I can't pick that out. May be shadows playing a trick but isn't it running down the starboard side?

Is he new to sailing or just new to having a furling system?
i had to run my furling line down the port side....reason was that my anchor roller was on the starboard side of the bow plate and when i pull the anchor up in to the trough they would get discombobulated and make me cuss like a sailor so i swapped side rather than re mount the bow roller ...in time i may regret the quick fix but for now it is what it is lol

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
i had to run my furling line down the port side....reason was that my anchor roller was on the starboard side of the bow plate and when i pull the anchor up in to the trough they would get discombobulated and make me cuss like a sailor so i swapped side rather than re mount the bow roller ...in time i may regret the quick fix but for now it is what it is lol
My furling line is to port as well. Anchor roller on starboard side could cause furling line/anchor rode mess

Apr 27, 2010
Beneteau 352 Hull #276 Ontario
I blame the sail maker. He put the UV cover on the wrong side!:eek::D:D

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Maybe he rolled it up backwards to protect the new sail cover.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Aren't candy canes usually red?
This one happens to be spearmint :doh:

Looks to me the sail is wrapped in the proper direction IF THE DRUM LINE was on port. Maybe the picture negative was flipped over? I think the canvas man put it on the proper side IF IT WAS ROLLED PROPERLY.