Registered users don't see ads

Hunter resource documents archive now online

Discussion in 'Ask A Hunter Owner' started by Phil Herring, Nov 30, 2012. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Phil Herring

Phil Herring Dethroned Admin

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    Eddie just sent me a link to their customer service resource archive.

Trust me when I tell you this is going to be Christmas, your birthday, and Mardi Gras all rolled into one web site.

It contains owners manuals, tech bulletins, assembly, repair, and operating instructions, reference materials, manuals for third-party components, and much more.

http://www.marlow-hunter.com/wp-content/themes/marlowhunter-custom-theme/export/

Have at it!

Over time we'll be downloading and posting this material under Boat Info as well, so it exists in two places.

Eddie asked me to pass along a special thank you to Jim Seamans who helped with this project. And as I understand it, Eddie also put a ton of work into this so send some kuldos his way as well.

Carl Weathers and PirateChuck like this.
  2. Velero49

Velero49

Joined Jun 4, 2004
    266 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 49
    US 123
    Re: Hunter customer service resource archive

What a treasure!!!!! Thanks to Jim, Phil and Eddie.

3. Les

Les

Joined May 8, 2004
    375 posts, 8 likes
    Hunter 27
    US Bellingham, WA
    Re: Hunter customer service resource archive

I have enjoyed five Hunter Sailboats over the years because they were well designed, well made, and well supported. This just is icing on the cake so to speak. Well done to Eddie and Jim and a big thanks to Phil for getting it on line here at Hunterowners.com

This is indeed a treasure.

4. Jeff Jellick

Jeff Jellick

Joined Feb 16, 2012
    158 posts, 5 likes
    Hunter 45 CC
    US Alamitos Bay, Long Beach
    I can attest to the hard work that Eddie put into this. Earlier this year I had major problems with my 120 - volt AC Distribution Panel, which by the way was made by Ultra Panel. Over the course of 3 or 4 months Eddie got me the wiring schematics that I needed, to help solve my problems. He just never gave up, until I had the correct information. Thanks again Eddie

Jeff
    S/V Sooooo Lucky
    2006 Hunter 45 CC

5. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    These documents span 35 years and I guarantee you they weren't all neatly filed by model and date. :) They came from multiple sources, too. Then they all had to be scanned, organized, de-duped, uploaded; this is an amazing project.

stuartsw likes this.
  6. kloudie1

kloudie1

Joined Nov 6, 2006
    7,370 posts, 300 likes
    Hunter 34
    US Mandeville Louisiana
    Phil, I just uploaded some pages from the old Merriman Steering catalog.. I labeled it "Parts of Merriman steering" .. Sorry.. It would be better if the name were changed to "Merriman Steering Notes" or something like that to make sure it gets hit in a search..

7. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    I just changed it to "Merriman steering parts." Thanks for uploading that!

8. kloudie1

kloudie1

Joined Nov 6, 2006
    7,370 posts, 300 likes
    Hunter 34
    US Mandeville Louisiana
    Thanks, Phil.. I uploaded an old Lewmar winch datasheet.. for those who may be upgrading or servicing..

9. chazmofritz

chazmofritz

Joined Oct 17, 2012
    3 posts, 0 likes
    hunter 1981 33 cherubni
    US edgemere
    nice info.,,,can't find anchor light bulb.Do you by chance know what type bulb for 81 33 cherubini anchor light? Would like to ascend mast once to put in led replacement. No big wup if I have to go twice but,,,,well,, once is soooooooo much easier. Hell,,might as well do steaming light also. Info would help. In advance,,,thanks.

10. Flying Colours

Flying Colours

Joined Oct 10, 2009
    28 posts, 0 likes
    Catalina 34
    CA Ladysmith
    Phil, this is all good stuff, but my boat a 1995 Passage 42 is missing, must be a lump of coal for my Christmas.

11. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    That's odd, dreamtime, but we don't seem to have a copy of it either. Maybe someone with a manual can scan and upload it to Boat Info -> 42 -> Downloads.

12. C2L

C2L

Joined Mar 11, 2012
    9 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 34
    US Cranes Creek
    Thanks sooooo much for all the work - It is greatly appreciated!!! Kudos to all who helped work on this extremely valuable data base!!!

Thanks again
    C2L

13. Akapeterc

Akapeterc

Joined Mar 23, 2013
    131 posts, 1 likes
    Hunter 44DS
    Au Lake Macquarie
    Hi I have just purchased a 2003 Hunter 44DS. Don't seem to see any listings for it, is the later 45DS similar

14. Bob 04 H260

Bob 04 H260

Joined May 16, 2007
    1,508 posts, 33 likes
    Boatless ! 26
    CA Ottawa, Ontario
    gone ?

Phil, the link to the Hunter site for documents appears to be empty now. Has Hunter changed their mind on sharing this information ? I think I got everything downloaded for our H356 and saved it to my laptop but it will be too bad if this resource is lost for others.
    Bob

15. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    No, they've had a server problem the past week. It will be back up, it's just down for now while they work out the server issue.

16. Bob 04 H260

Bob 04 H260

Joined May 16, 2007
    1,508 posts, 33 likes
    Boatless ! 26
    CA Ottawa, Ontario
    thanks !

17. garymckin

garymckin

Joined Mar 19, 2010
    30 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 1997 376
    US Ventura, CA
    where did it go

I just went on the website and all the info is gone! Please let me know it went. This was a great info center thanks Gary

18. Phil Herring

Joined Mar 25, 1997
    4,299 posts, 148 likes
    US Bainbridge Island
    Hi Gary, please read up about three posts from the end of the thread. It will be back soon.

19. Bob 04 H260

Bob 04 H260

Joined May 16, 2007
    1,508 posts, 33 likes
    Boatless ! 26
    CA Ottawa, Ontario
    Phil, this is still not up, do you know when they will have it back on line ?

thanks, Bob

20. judybuddy

judybuddy

Joined Oct 20, 2012
    11 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 000
    US Coronado
    Wondering the same thing myself.

Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.
Hunter throttle and shift cables
Order by model, fast shipment
Hunter prop struts and shafts
Everything you need for your power train
Legend-era interior teak oil
Hunter's original interior teak finish on many boats from the 90's and earlier.