Hunter market Report

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I got these ....
COURTESY OF SOLDBOATS.COM

I thought they would be of general interest.
Where is the Market?
Hunt2106_1.jpg

Wow, 2015 was NOT a good year for sales!
Hunt2106_2.jpg

This verifies what I saw during my hunt. It takes a while to settle into the market for a good sale.
Hunt2106_3.jpg

Most people don't want to part with "their baby" and a few want to recover cost for the 6 pairs of racing gloves they just bought.:rolleyes:
Jim...

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Interesting, James.. thanks for posting.
Incredible to me that they sell more, a lot more, internationally than they do on their own Gulf Coast doorstep.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Interesting, James.. thanks for posting.
Incredible to me that they sell more, a lot more, internationally than they do on their own Gulf Coast doorstep.
While Hunter does have good representation in the UK (where the shoal draft does well), I'm assume a BIG part of the 'international' number is Mexico and the Carib. The current number on Yachtworld bears this out: Hunter boats for sale worldwide:

North America 900
Europe 240
ROW 40

Total: 1180

Bob R.

Jun 5, 2004
Marlow-Hunter 40 Pasadena, MD
James,
Is this data only for boats sold in the "used" market? I have been looking to buy a new Marlow Hunter 40 or 42SS or a late model (2013-2016) MH40. New boats are custom order only and very few available in the used market or dealer inventory.

Jan 4, 2010
Farr 30 San Francisco
It seems there is the "honey I am selling the boat" price and the I am selling the boat price.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Gulf Coast doorstep
I would think you would add up 3 groups to get ≈42% nearby. GC , NE, and SE markets, but they do ship a big distance for new boats.

My boat was first purchased in Maryland 1999 and I bought her in Florida. So it would have counted in the 2014 sales data on the Southeast market.
I used a "Buyer's Broker" (among the largest in Florida). His experience was an average of 8 months for a boat in the Florida market.
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Is this data only for boats sold in the "used" market?
This was purported to be Sales (new and used). When buying mine, my broker did a comparison of the H430 sold and it went back about 6 years. Like MLS for real estate sales, there is a similar service for boats.

My Buyer Broker searched the entire market and I nearly bought a H450 in South Carolina but I had to have it delivered at the time, since I was not about to solo a unknown boat around Florida to Mississippi. It cost me ≈$2400 to sail from Tampa to Gulfport by a licensed and insured Master versus $8500 from SC.

Road delivery was actually more expensive since the mast had to be stepped and re-rigged, plus shipment.
Jim...