Hunter holly and teak floor

Oct 13, 2017
Hunter H260 Pensacola
I was thinking of changing my companionway boards too... even thought about some fold away doors or something... have the slides in there now... 2 boards and the smoke plex

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
What ever you do making new boards make sure they are angled like the ones you have to deflect water off from going inside or you will regret that.

Oct 13, 2017
Hunter H260 Pensacola
Dave I have another question for ya... I have a bad shift cable and I need to replace it... I have it all loose from the engine to the base of the pedestal... There seems to be something in the pedestal holding the cable in...
do I need to remove the pedestal to pull it out?

Oct 13, 2017
Hunter H260 Pensacola
Found the info in some older threads... and got a good idea what I needed to do .. ordered the cables @ 11ft and will attack this job this weekend... glad the pedestal doesn't need to be removed...

Oct 13, 2017
Hunter H260 Pensacola
The cables are in... something I don't want to do again...
PedestalCable.jpg not that it was hard, but just took some time to get the screws in the pedestal that hold the throttle and shift handles removed, they did not want to come out ... then the cable stop out... reading the instructions helped...
PedestalCable1.jpg sorry about the finger, once I found all the ties and mounts , I just tape the new cables to the old cables and with an extra hand they guided right up through the bottom ... was a tight corner though...
Motr.jpg I used a chair to help keep them level through the steering hole for the rudder and after I got them up the pedestal I routed them to the motor...
BadCable.jpg rusted right thru ...
Just about have her ship shape with just a few more minor repairs, then off the the waters to give her a splash...
Boat.jpg it is amazing how things can just go bad from sitting, and neglect