Hunter Direct

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I was talking to a Hunter 386 and needs to replace the pulpit. I told him that I could get a factory spec pulpit for my 1988 C30 from Catalina Direct and he said that he knew of nowhere to get Hunter parts like that.
Is there a "Hunter Direct" for Hunter specific boat hardware?

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Yes. It’s the store on this site! Although good people at Marlon-Hunter May try to help you, their support commitment seems to end with the warranty period on the last run.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Hayden;
Hunter years ago contracted with SBO to include Hunter owners to do the retail parts sale. When Phil sold SBO it was sold to a former Hunter employee who not only worked on the line building sailboats, he worked in warranty with the consumers and dealers who respected him highly. He then handled of all things parts or retail sales. His name is Al Fooks who recently bought SBO and he is trying his best to serve all with a great and knowledgable crew at SBO. I have known him personally for many years and will vouch for the supreme excellence he has provided and will do so. Check with the store site first and if they cannot help, maybe they can direct you where to go.
Crazy Dave Condon

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Al is a great guy and can probably help you out and at a vary favorable price compared to having one custom fabricated. When Hurricane Mathew caused a boat to break free from its mooring and crash down on mine damaging the bow pulpit (and other things too) Al was able to source a new one. He had the contacts to find the original jig for making the pulpit which saved considerably on the cost. I think he indicated that they had jigs for several if not all of the Hunters. The one he had made for me fit like a glove and was less than half the cost of a custom bent/welded one. Contact Al and if he can't help you then probably no one can. Good luck!

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Thanks for the info. I will pass it along. Does the site have Hunter specific items like rudders, chainplates, booms, stemhead, gooseneck, etc?

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
We can offer it, please give us a call. 877-932-7245, Mon-Fri, 9-3:30 Pacific

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
To pile on, the folks at SBO are terrific. I shop the store whenever I need something. Once or twice I ordered something based on the pictures and description thinking I'd gotten the right part for my boat. Before they fulfilled the order they sent me a note saying that based on my model and year you want x and not y. Now that's service.

And if you don't see it listed on the site, ASK and they will often find it for you.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
That is what the folks at the forum store do. They care about us which is unusual. That is one reason why I recommend them highly. Enuf said.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
Phil helped source a 2" swivel clamp for my arch. Great service !