Hunter Corporation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carol Ellis

Don't ruin experience

Thanks for responding to my post. Our dealer, Whitney's Marine in Jacksonville, has been awesome to us on the purchase of this boat and our previous boat.Service has been excellent too. Whitney's Marine split the cost of these shades with us and they are out $200 as well. No it won't spoil our experience, but how do you tackle a giant other then spreading the word on how they treat their buyers. I've been in real estate 21 years and learned a long time ago that Customer Service is what makes your business. Carol

C

Carol Ellis

Hunter rep

Thanks for your response to my Hunter Corporation problem. The dealer is also out $200 . They are wonderful to deal with and in this case it's all Hunter!

C

Carol Ellis

1-800-beneteau

Mike, thanks for your response. The dealer is also out $200 and have gone to bat for us. I wrote to Hunter about their web page and magically it was corrected to eliminate any type of Standard or Optional window treatments then this week it was back on their web page as Standard. I wrote to HunterOwners.com as my only way of letting people know who they, not our dealer Whitney's Marine in Jacksonville, treated us. Carol

C

Carol Ellis

You MAY have grounds for legal action

Tim, the only way Hunter can get by what they show as Standard or Optional is there is a disclaimer on the web page that changes can be made without notice. It's the old Bait & Switch game. Carol

Dec 5, 2003
Hunter 380 Fort Lauderdale
Diddo's for Whitney's

I can't say enough good things about Whitney's! I have purchased 2 boats from them now and the last one being new.. They have handled every issue that one tends to have with a new boat with lightning speed and have always been there to answer all the dumb questions I tend to have.. Most recently.. my Yanmar sucked in a valve with only 600 hours, but well out of the time frame of Whitney's responsibility... I had a very hard time getting Yanmar to even talk to me and I would still be trying to get a return phone call if it weren't for Whitney's going to bat for me! If and when I buy another Hunter, I would drive across the country to deal with those folks up in Orange Park. Brian s/v CREW REST

C

Carol Ellis

No bariner for dealer

Steve - Thanks for responding to my email. We've been to the Hunter factory and it's really very exciting to see how our boats are made. But I must defend Whitney's Marine in Jax, they have been wonderful and are super to deal with. They are out $200 also on this curtain/shade issue. But, I've taken my complaint to the street so to speak and am spreading the word. :) Carol

C

Carol Ellis

Next boat $$$$$

You're so right. But Hunter has a disclaimer on their web site that items can be changed without notice. S~o, they deleted any type of window treatments from their web page after my initial complaint and then a week later put it back on as Standard equipment. Live and learn I guess. Carol

C

Carol Ellis

Could be dealer

Thanks so much for responding to my complaint about Hunter. Our dealer, Whitney's Marine, has been wonderful with this purchase and our previous Hunter 320. They are also out $200 on this problem. I just decided to let the world of Hunter owners know how Hunter has treated this situation with their bait and switch on their web page. Carol

C

Carol Ellis

Buying 101

You are so right! And after 21 years in the real estate business I am ashamed of not doing the "walk through" more in depth. I/we were so concerned with the larger ticket items that were on the boat the window treatments just slipped by. It won't happen again. Whitney's Marine, who we bought our original Hunter from and now this one, have been wonderful. They are also out $200. Hunter's disclaimer on their web page really protects them in this case. Changes can be made without notice, even though they changed the Standard Equipment after I brought it to their attention and then a week later the Standard Equipment showed window treatments in the form of shandes back on the web page. Carol

C

Carol Ellis

$200 reputation

Steve, thanks for your reply to my Hunter problem. What is so upsetting is not the $200 on my side (the dealer is out $200 also), but the fact that they are showing it as a Standard item on their web page after they removed following my original correspondence with them, shows they know exactly what they are doing. It's been a $200 lesson. Carol

C

Carol Ellis

Geeze

Mark, no gastro problems here. I just really wanted to let any one I could know about Hunters web page and to be on guard for their advertising. What better way then to use Hunterowners.com Happy sailing. Carol

C

Carol Ellis

Change made without notice

Hi Jeff - Thanks for responding to my gripe about Hunter. I know that the shades our dealer, Whitney's Marine in Jacksonville, and we paid $200 each for could have been purchased for half that cost. We purchased them through a person in a sailing magazine for our previous Hunter and they were better. My guess is Hunter probably paid about $100 for the shades. Carol

D

Don

Is this posting real?

I've never seen such an exhaustive reply too all postings. No offense, but something doesn't add up here to me. Is a real issue or someone doing the recurring Hunter bash?

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
You're Right - Someone Got Shortchanged

Don - you're right. It didn't add up and someone got shortchanged - the window coverings were apparently an "option" that wasn't mentioned as an option. The manufacturers brochure and the showroom boat both had the window coverings and the boat was ordered based on the two but when it arrived the coverings weren't there and to get them cost extra. I don't see this as a "Hunter" bash as much as possibly a bash against a commerce system that hides behind some fine print that says "change without notice", or words to that effect. In this case both the dealer and the customer ordered a boat based on the then current brochure and the showroom model and were not told about this change. Is this like ordering a new car and finding out when it arrived that they no longer come with tires? windshield wipers? Hey, that's an option now - subject to change without notice! I think Hunter made a smart moove by providing the shades as standard equipment now so the picture matches the boat. This was probably done to avoid future conflicts. It would be better; however, if Hunter would do the right thing and refund the customer for the shades.

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
Don, I got your point, John probably wrote the

wrong name. I see what you mean. Where is Carols attempt to rectify the problem with Hunter. All she writes is banter about how bad she was treated by the factory. And does so, over and over. Makes NO sense.

T

Tim

I think Carol misunderstands Posting

I get the impression that Carol thinks she needs to write an individual reply to each person who has contributed an opinion in this thread. What she doesn't seem to get is that they all show up, in the order in which they were received, not threaded like some internet postings. As such, 15 posts with the same ".....and the dealer is out $200..." instead of one. Tim Brogan April IV C350 #68 Seattle

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
Good point Tim, maybe she thinks this is email

and only the guys she is writing to will see it.

M

Mark

Hey Carol

Grab a few cartons of VB, put them on ice and head down to "Melbourne" Australia. By the time you get here you may have cooled down and forgotten about the lousy 200 bucks ;D

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Don - reply #2

Okay..... I think I see what you're getting at now - all the individual replys. It can get kinda hard to reply to this many individuals in one post so this is one way of doing it so it's clear. I appreciate Carol's effort at giving everybody a reply. Onward to other stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.