Hunter 49 / 50 shore power transformer

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
I am winterized and on the hard so it may be spring before I get a chance to test it. but your theory jives with what I was thinking i.e. that there was some automated switch that wasn't working properly. The Blue Sea combiner sounds like a correct guess.

As to your earlier questions I am the second owner and when I am at my dock I am plugged in using the heavy to big to lift to stiff to be easily handled 50 amp cord ... I assume the dock plug is giving me 220 but I have never measured it so I don't know. As for the rest of you discussion on the hook up from the inlet through the transformer to the panel I will have to print off and ask a friend who understands that stuff ...

Thanks for the advice

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Last year I spoke directly with FP. They told me that they disconnected the 12 volt alternator on the FP generator before delivering the generator to Hunter. I have not looked to see if this is true. Anyone know the answer?

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Well, I have contacts at FP. I will check.
Not sure why they would do this, but I'll find out

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I looked in my manual. It appears to be the same.
Not sure why they'd disable that

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Here is my guess why it is disconnected. If the circuit breaker for the battery charger is turned off on the main panel, or if the main 220 volt alternator on the FP fails, the little 12v alternator on the FP would now be trying to charge the start battery and then the house batteries. My guess is the load on the 12 v alternator would cause it's quick failure.