Hunter 41 840 amps battery bank under nav seat

Feb 10, 2017
Hunter 41 Progreso
IMG_3875.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG
IMG_3869.JPG
i manage to scueeze 4 trojan lp 16 , 6 volts amps. So now i can use 400 amp without damaging the batteries. I The floor under the old battery bank and was all rotten, so i remove it and i make anew one. You need to make some kind of spacer to raise a little the new floor but you need to keep the new one just a inch below the level of the old one.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
Lack of box is less an issue than fastening them securely. How will you get them strapped in?

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
What about venting? I see all of these post about the virtues of LA 6v Trojans. They gas, they have to be vented, they have to be watered. My boat came with AGM's for a reason. Hunter didn't decide to spend double the $ for AGM's vs LA because they had extra money laying around. I understand you get more bang for the buck with LA but there are drawbacks

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
in the 1979 fastnet race the number one cause of injuries were acid burns from dumped batteries. that has always given me pause.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
I all ways ask myself how could the american peaple reach the moon with all that possible and inminent danger.
A monumental effort in planning, anticipation, redundancy, innovative construction and a number of lives lost, e.g., Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee. That plus a 9 volt battery fire caused a Boeing 747 crash.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I removed 2 x 4D LA batteries from under the nav seat and replaced them with 4 x 6 volt trojans T 105's, I was able to fit them in the 4D boxes. @dakno now you have me wondering if they weren't AGM bat's originally, although the manual doesn't state that they were. As I was installing them I was wondering about venting requirements, but the battery boxes don't have any more venting capability than the chamber they are mounted in, so I figured they would be OK. As for watering, I check mid season and end of season and then again before the boat goes back in the water, not much water needs to be added at all.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
I've read this, but don't see a big reason. I think I on don't need very much water each time.ly water my T105s about once every 2 months and they

Aug 17, 2010
Hunter 410 Dover NH
What do you mean by 840 AMPS? Are you speaking of Amp Hours? If so aren't those 225 AH batteries? In series I don't think you can add the AH together. I have the same set up and figure it is 450AH.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
What do you mean by 840 AMPS? Are you speaking of Amp Hours? If so aren't those 225 AH batteries? In series I don't think you can add the AH together. I have the same set up and figure it is 450AH.

Those batteries are Trojan L16P's rated at 420Ah each. (20 Hour rating). Four of them in a series parallel 12V configuration is 840Ah's...

Yes it would be nice if more folks understood the difference between A and Ah but many don't...