Hunter 40.5 Stern Tube diameter - help

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
I need to order a PSS dripless shaft seal maintenance kit for my 1994 Hunter 40.5 but I'm not at the boat right now.

I know the shaft diameter is 1 1/4 inches but I don't know the stern tube diameter which is needed to order the correct kit. If you happen to know this or can measure or know the correct kit to order I'd greatly appreciate it.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I need to order a PSS dripless shaft seal maintenance kit for my 1994 Hunter 40.5 but I'm not at the boat right now.

I know the shaft diameter is 1 1/4 inches but I don't know the stern tube diameter which is needed to order the correct kit. If you happen to know this or can measure or know the correct kit to order I'd greatly appreciate it.
I thought I had it but can't find my receipt. However, I think they have it in their files.
Rick D.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
I thought I had it but can't find my receipt. However, I think they have it in their files.
Rick D.
Rich, I'll give them a call Monday and see if they do have it on file. If you don't mind sending a private message to me with your last name they may be able to look it up by your order. About when did you order yours?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Rich, I'll give them a call Monday and see if they do have it on file. If you don't mind sending a private message to me with your last name they may be able to look it up by your order. About when did you order yours?
Done.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I would think that this web site would have what you need as the retail section is set up per model year

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
He needs the shaft tube outer diameter....I think.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Dan,

I am at my boat now. Exactly what measurement do you need?
I need the outer diameter of the shaft stern tube. It is the part that where the shaft goes through the hull and where the aft end of the PSS bellows fits over and is secured with two clamps. For some reason I don't have you cell number in my phone any more. If you have my number give me a call or you can just post on here and I'll get it that way or by an email.
Dan

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Sorry Dan, I missed seeing your reply until late tonight. I checked my email and this site early this morning and then put my computer away to finish my winterizing. I will send you an email with my cell number.