Hunter 40.5 Legend Hull Underbody - Keel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2010
Hunter 40.5 San Francisco Bay
Considering buying a 40.5 Legend. I can find pictures-diagrams of the interior layout, deck and just about everything else. Nothing on hull and keel layout of this model boat.

Could someone please direct me to a post or picture-diagram of the hull and keel for the Hunter 40.5 Legend.

Nothing on the Hunter Web Site, nothing I could find in this forum.

Always like to have to make sure the yard places the straps in the correct position for haul-out. Plus I am curious.

Thanks

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Try This

I think the boat may have decals indicating lift points just under the deck joint. Mine does. Someone here may have a brochure scanned. I don't but I do have one. Meantime, here is the profile. I'll check later to see if anyone has offered better.

Attachments

Mar 31, 2010
Hunter 41 DS St. Petersburg
I had a brochure for that particular yacht, but it is in shipping right now. I can however say that there should be "lift" points indicated on the hull, where that straps should be placed.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
the only place I've seen the line drawings is in the owner's manual which is on the boat and I'm not. Perhaps someone has it handy and can scan it for you. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most yard travel lift jockeys can figure out the lift points pretty easily.

Mar 31, 2010
Hunter 41 DS St. Petersburg
You can ask the yacht broker for that information, or the owner if you are not using a broker. I personally have the lift point marked on my hull from the factory.

Mar 29, 2010
Thanks everyone. This all makes me feel much better about the purchase knowing that Hunter has marked the lift points. I will check while doing in water survey. Also will check the owners manual once back to the boat.

Boat will live in San Francisco Bay. One particular yard (no names mentioned), that lets you do your own work gets little sloppy placing boats in the lift straps. New yard manager in the last year so maybe things have changed. I have learned to keep an evil eye on the haul out procedure.

Have decided to go with 40.5, 1995 in real nice condition. Six months ago I was of mind to never own a Hunter. This forum has changed my mind and opened my opinions up. Will probably take some harassment from the old traditional salts at the marina that I will take with a grain of salt while pondering things in my dry, warm new digs.

Apr 15, 2009
C&C 30 Annapolis

Don't know if this will come through or not. If so you'll have to flip it. If not, pm me and I'll email it to you. Should be of some help.

Attachments

Mar 29, 2010
Alex, Thanks for the PDF... Just what I was looking for. Came through clean and readable.

Joe

Jan 2, 2005
Hunter 35.5 Legend Lake Travis-Austin,TX
You are buying what I consider to be one of the BEST Hunter Legend series boats ever built. You'll be laughing all the way to the finish line and/or sitting around the slip in your spacious cockpit or salon...might change a few more minds in the process. Great purchase!!!

Sep 21, 2004
- - Panama City, FL
Mine is on the hard and congrats on buying a super vessel. I love mine and have turned many good buys down because of the layout and living style on the 40.5. The aft line runs under where the aft safety line mount is located, exactly between the main verticle pole and aft support angle. The front one is indicated forward of the forward side window.

Status
Not open for further replies.