Hunter 376 standing rigging

May 10, 2019
Hunter 376 Phoenix AZ
I'm needing to replace the standing rigging on the 376 I just bought. My hold up is the stemball backing shells. Neither Seco South nor I can come up with the needed backing shells without the measurements of the holes the tangs go into in the mast. My boat is currently 400 miles from me so if anyone has the measurements or can get them, it would be a great help.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 376 Annapolis MD
Hunter used Z spar on some of the H376s; but I understand that they changed rigs mid production run. I suggest that you consider measuring what you actually have, though inconvenient for you.

Allan

May 10, 2019
Hunter 376 Phoenix AZ
Thanks guys. I'm going to be back to my boat this coming weekend and will measure the holes for the backing shells. I have Rig-Rite's info, but they don't seem to return calls.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
I'm going to be back to my boat this coming weekend and will measure the holes for the backing shells.
While you're at it be sure and measure the spar foot print; width, length, etc. That will help isolate the model. Also, does the spar have a car track extruded/molded into the leading edge? That was common on Isomat spars. If so, yours is likely the model NG-70 used on the 37.5.

http://rigrite.com/Spars/Isomat_Spars/isomat_Masts/isomat_Mast_Specs_&_Comp.php

On the following it shows the cross section of the spar with the integral spinnaker car track slots extruded/molded into the leading edge of the spar.

http://rigrite.com/Spars/Isomat_Spars/isomat_Masts/NG105_mast.php

Last edited:

Blitz

Jul 10, 2007
Seidelmann 34 Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Thanks guys. I'm going to be back to my boat this coming weekend and will measure the holes for the backing shells. I have Rig-Rite's info, but they don't seem to return calls.
I didn't have the same experience,:but I faxed them their order sheet fully filled out with the parts I needed on Monday evening and UPS just notified me that they should be at my home tomorrow. I had similar experiences in the past. If you take the extra time to review their pages on line to determine part numbers and fill out their form fully, they seem pretty responsive. The one time 10+ years ago I wasn't so thorough I had your same experience. When I finally got a hold of they they basically said, ah yes we had questions about what you needed and was wondering when you'll call. Time is money, they seem to fill the easily understood orders first.

Good luck