Hunter 375 (94) ALL fixed portholes cracked and 3 leaks..

ari

Aug 10, 2017
hunter 375 sag harbor
I went to see a 1994 Hunter 375 and there were 3 leaks below deck (and delam below the portside chainplate). As well as all four fixed portholes being cracked which raises questions. I include pictures of it all. Is there anybody aho has seen any of this before?
The leak in the aft cabin is from the steering wheel area, the water/rust stains at the foot of the compression post was strange as there was NO sign of water at the top of the compression post. The leak on portside comes from around the chain plate area. Any comments would be wonderfull!!
IMG_20170812_104022377.jpg
IMG_20170812_104022377.jpg

ari

Aug 10, 2017
hunter 375 sag harbor
and the leak at portside coming from the headliner on port side
IMG_20170812_103559351.jpg

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
Leeks. The compression post leek is prob the wires to mast conduit fell down in hole. Culk pull back up. Of course ya got get mast lifted up. Leak in aft cabin probably the control panel the light reflecting behind tells me is leaking

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Hi Ari and welcome to the site.

From the tell-tale photos you've included, it looks as if the boat is the product of neglect. These are beautiful boats as I've been through two in our marina, one immaculately maintained and the other fair to middlin' but not bad. But like any boat, they're only as good the maintenance they've received. Can't say what repairs are worth for what you've shown, but I think you want to take a close look at the engine and electrical. Costs can quickly rachet up there.

Like I said, these are beautiful boats and it's a shame when someone just lets one rot.

May 6, 2004
- - Potomac
Cracked ports from improper bedding. Stains on lower compression post probably from clean water taking the saloon table finish with it to the base of CP. None of these are expensive or even difficult things to address. Issue as noted is neglect. If you're going to buy this boat, you want a real pro to go over the engine before you do so.