Hunter 34 Spinaker turning block sheave

Aug 17, 2009
2 1983 Hunter 34 Presque Isle Yacht Club
Looking for some new sheaves for those rear turning blocks and having no luck finding anything that size. Also, I'm not sure of the bore (axle) size until the winter cover comes off and I can get it apart. If anyone has specifics I could get a head start and have the parts ready. Measuring on the boat it looks like 3" x 3/4". thanks!

Aug 17, 2009
Spinaker Block.jpg
Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to get down to the boat for a picture of the problem. This is on a Hunter 34, and the white spool part is broken, the rest of the block is just fine. I can come up with a larger image if that will help. Thank you, gb

Aug 17, 2009
Thanks Allan, good information! I will be able to get it off and remove that pin, can you direct me to where you found a sheave that size?

Aug 17, 2009
I don't think too many were familiar with what I was searching for, and I couldn't find a supplier that carried a 3 and 1/8th by 3/4" sheave with a 3/4" center hole. Last year when I was looking for a brass ratcheting gear for one of my (obsolete) lewmar winches I found a great connection in England who has old parts (but not the one I needed), instead, he made me one (perfect: complex, brass, inner and and outer machining) and shipped it within a week. I was amazed and it was very reasonable. The same "bloke" made me the sheaves out of nylon (I think, same as original) and very nice! If anyone is searching for dated parts or deck gear like this I would certainly recommend him. Tony, the company is Winch Spares, and you can email sales@winchspares.com