Hunter 33 and Yanmar 3gm30

Apr 12, 2016
Hunter 33 Port Aransas
My boat sunk. It has been brought back to life. The existing yanmar engine and trans are toast and must be removed. Will a yanmar 3gm30 fit?

May 25, 2004
Catalina 400 mkII Harbor
how long under water? what have you done to determine that its toast. i remember back in the katrina days of many boats that
sunk, and engines saved.

as i recall they used marval mystery oil and flooded the cylinders with it. they would just try to unlock it and turn alittle more each day.

i talked to one guy personally that bought (stole) 2 late model benetaus at auction and got them both running again.

mike

Apr 12, 2016
Hunter 33 Port Aransas
Thank you for the encouragement. I will check it out when we pull the engine. Do you know if a 3gm30 yanmar will fit.

Oct 30, 2011
klidescope 30t norfolk
Assuming it's was factory motor and a 80's 33 it was a 2gm20 so since he was able to find a 3gm30 used in good condition they don't make it any more the factory rails built up for motor mounting should be long enough if New motor and transmission centered back in location shaft will stick out 2" further aft and front engine 2" aproximently further forward so that's where dog house mod comes into play

Apr 12, 2016
Hunter 33 Port Aransas
2gm something. I am in calif right now and the boat is in the gulf in texas. Well moored. I will find the ninbers when I get home next month. Thank you guys for your inputs.