Hunter 310 Arch Height

Oct 15, 2012
Hunter 290 Panama City
Can anyone tell me what the height of a 1998 Hunter 310 is from the bottom of the keel to the top of the arch? I am in the process of purchasing a 310 and need to truck it over land to Florida from Georgia. The shipper has a double drop trailer, 2 foot ground clearance. The legal height restriction is 14 foot 6 inches. Anything over that is really expensive. So If I can determine that the total height, truck and boat, is at or below that without taking off the arch is my best case scenario. The arch is cemented on with 5200. It can come off but its a bear. Thanks!

Mar 16, 2015
Hunter 310 Lake Norman
I own a '97 310 with fin keel. I'e had it transported a few times on various types of trailers. I don' t know the height but the arch always had to come off. I was tod, due to height. Luckly I didnt have 5200 to contend with..

Oct 15, 2012
Hunter 290 Panama City
Thanks. I figured the arch would have to come off. Did you remove it? How is it held on? Access points? I ask alot of question but better to know up front. Thanks again!

Mar 16, 2015
Hunter 310 Lake Norman
There are 3 bolts each side. Access the port side in the aft cabin. Access is near the forwad reading light (or maybe under it) can' remember exactly. Starboard is in the sh cockpit lazarette. You can use the boom to support it and lay it down.