Registered users don't see ads

Hunter 310 Aft Cabin Leak

Discussion in 'Mid-Size Boats' started by dph123, Nov 26, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. dph123

dph123

Joined May 1, 2012
    27 posts, 2 likes
    Hunter 310
    Liberty US Poulsbo, WA Poulsbo
    I suddenly have a leak in the aft cabin of my 1998 Hunter 310. The water is pooling in the low spot at the aft access panel to the underside of the binnacle. The access panel to the adjacent light fixture (which is higher) is dry.

I figure it is from the arch, or a stanchion, but figured I would see if anyone else had the same or similar issue before I start chasing down causes.

Thanks,

Dave

2. Tim22

Tim22

Joined Jun 16, 2014
    152 posts, 11 likes
    Hunter 310
    CA Ottawa Ottawa
    check inside the pedestal where the electrical cables go through the cockpit sole. On my 310 the electric cables go straight through the sole directly above the aft cabin access port with only caulking to prevent water intrusion. Not sure if this was the original route or PO install but it amazes me that it doesn’t leak.

Tim

3. dph123

dph123

Joined May 1, 2012
    27 posts, 2 likes
    Hunter 310
    Liberty US Poulsbo, WA Poulsbo
    Thanks, Tim. That's the first place I looked. But the pedestal is bone dry inside. As best I can tell it is coming from the starboard side.

Hunter strainers and filters
For engines, gensets, AC, and more.
Hunter prop struts and shafts
Everything you need for your power train
Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.
Hunter props, shafts, struts, and cutless bearings
Power train parts for most every Hunter model, most in stock for fast shipment.