Hunter 30T Goose Neck Failure

Jul 21, 2014
Hunter 30T Monroe
Every time for the past 3 years that we have gone out sailing in 25+m winds the goose neck bracket mounted to the mast rips out of the riveted mounts. It seems like this is a very poor engineered design.

Does anyone know where I can buy a new goose neck fitting to replace this on my 1994 Hunter 30T? Or where I can have a better one engineered so I can remove this junk from the boat?

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
A picture would be nice. Hunter made so many models, I am not sure which boat you have, but the gooseneck part will be supplied by the manufacturer of the mast. Selden Mast makes current Hunter spars and while I don't think they made them for your boat back in '94, there is a serial number at the base of the mast where you can send that to Selden (or a Selden dealer) and they will have computer records of every part on the mast provided by them. Perhaps Isomat built your spar in which case a company named Rigrite has an inventory of mast parts from most manufacturers . They have a good web site so you could probably find your part on line.