Registered users don't see ads

Hunter 30T Goose Neck Failure

Discussion in 'Mid-Size Boats' started by djekels, Sep 5, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. djekels

djekels

Joined Jul 21, 2014
    22 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 30T
    US Monroe
    Every time for the past 3 years that we have gone out sailing in 25+m winds the goose neck bracket mounted to the mast rips out of the riveted mounts. It seems like this is a very poor engineered design.

Does anyone know where I can buy a new goose neck fitting to replace this on my 1994 Hunter 30T? Or where I can have a better one engineered so I can remove this junk from the boat?

2. Barnacle Bill

Barnacle Bill

Joined Jun 9, 2008
    1,453 posts, 15 likes
    - --
    US -Bayfield
    A picture would be nice. Hunter made so many models, I am not sure which boat you have, but the gooseneck part will be supplied by the manufacturer of the mast. Selden Mast makes current Hunter spars and while I don't think they made them for your boat back in '94, there is a serial number at the base of the mast where you can send that to Selden (or a Selden dealer) and they will have computer records of every part on the mast provided by them. Perhaps Isomat built your spar in which case a company named Rigrite has an inventory of mast parts from most manufacturers . They have a good web site so you could probably find your part on line.

Deck fill caps for most Hunter sailboats
In stock, these caps will fit most boats newer than 1990
Hunter replacement stanchions
Replace for safety and appearance
Cabinet catch for many Hunters
Used on a variety of Hunters from the Legend-era to present. In stock!
Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.